Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

As I said on the rival talk thread I can see some big challenges for the new GM and coaching staff to keep this team near the top of the NFC North. We can't assume Rodgers is the factor that keeps us near the top, the one player that separates us from the rest. I can see the NFC North competition getting even better and so the Packers have to as well to meet the challenge. Its a big test for Gutekunst, McCarthy and everyone else in the organisation we simply have to get better.

I know its fashionable to talk down your rivals, but if they continue to improve and you don't... Well the table doesn't lie.

2 hours ago, jontat83 said:

As I said on the rival talk thread I can see some big challenges for the new GM and coaching staff to keep this team near the top of the NFC North. We can't assume Rodgers is the factor that keeps us near the top, the one player that separates us from the rest. I can see the NFC North competition getting even better and so the Packers have to as well to meet the challenge. Its a big test for Gutekunst, McCarthy and everyone else in the organisation we simply have to get better.

I know its fashionable to talk down your rivals, but if they continue to improve and you don't... Well the table doesn't lie.

Well, we can't say the powers that be at 1265 are resting on their laurels...  

Thompson started off his GB GM career by selecting Aaron Rodgers and Nick Collins.

Kinda raises the bar for Herr Gutekunst now that he's sitting in THE SEAT. With a little luck, maybe an uber-talented player drops again.

Are there any Tedford pass rushers or corners ?   B|

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Hopefully Gute is better at convincing free agents to come here than he is executives. 0 for 2 now with Wolf and McCloughan.

The Wolf one isn't comparable to McCloughan. He was pissed and going to leave.

I"m surprised McCloughan chose Cleveland over GB. Seems like there would be more opportunity in GB.

On 1/15/2018 at 12:01 PM, jontat83 said:

Two of them have new coaches. The other one doesn't even know who their QB will be next year yet, new OC, and needed an essentially season ending injury to win the division ( yes they may have anyway). GB has new coaches and a new GM. There is a lot of uncertainty int he division for 2018. The results of the 2017 season don't determine what 2018 will be like. The Packers hold some serious draft capitol and other means to improve. 

1 hour ago, ArthurPensky said:

The Wolf one isn't comparable to McCloughan. He was pissed and going to leave.

I"m surprised McCloughan chose Cleveland over GB. Seems like there would be more opportunity in GB.

I believe he is only hired through this draft.  Not sure, but maybe he just signed on so he could help play with the plethora of picks the Browns have. From ESPN:

The extreme makeover of the Cleveland Browns' scouting department continued Saturday when former Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan joined the organization as a personnel consultant to assist the team in this year's draft, according to league sources.

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

I believe he is only hired through this draft.  Not sure, but maybe he just signed on so he could help play with the plethora of picks the Browns have. From ESPN:

The extreme makeover of the Cleveland Browns' scouting department continued Saturday when former Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan joined the organization as a personnel consultant to assist the team in this year's draft, according to league sources.

Doesn't really make sense unless it's for more money. If you believe in your picks, and you recommend a guy to the Browns, you probably wouldn't want to go work with the Packers without that player that you fell in love with. I mean, crazier things have happened, but if he wanted to be in GB, he probably would be.

Archived