Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Yes it sure is.  MM made some mistakes but have to give credit where credit is due.  He took action and hired new coordinators.  Both brilliant.  As far as coaching goes we are in good shape.  MM is a fine football coach.  He righted the ship and it will show on the field this year.

Let's just state the facts. Hes a highly successful NFL head coach

On 6/16/2018 at 6:11 PM, Scoremore said:

Yes it sure is.  MM made some mistakes but have to give credit where credit is due.  He took action and hired new coordinators.  Both brilliant.  As far as coaching goes we are in good shape.  MM is a fine football coach.  He righted the ship and it will show on the field this year.

I'm reluctant to give credit to someone for making the right move 5 years after it originally should have been made.  In fact, it really makes me question his ability to make the correct personnel choices and lead this team.  Judging by how the team performs without Rodgers, I'd say that's warranted.

4 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

I'm reluctant to give credit to someone for making the right move 5 years after it originally should have been made.  In fact, it really makes me question his ability to make the correct personnel choices and lead this team.  Judging by how the team performs without Rodgers, I'd say that's warranted.

He did go to a NFC Championship game without Rodgers ;)

48 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

He did go to a NFC Championship game without Rodgers ;)

Sure he did....with another HOF QB who took a different team there 2 years later.

So did Rex Ryan.  And Jeff Fisher took a team to a Super Bowl. I don't think that justifies keeping them now .

Gutekunst just tweeted out his summer reading list - two classic novels on deck before TC opens up

The Count of Monte Cristo and Treasure Island -  but apparently he's unsure if you spell the authors last name with one "S" or two

I'm thinking 2

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Gutekunst just tweeted out his summer reading list - two classic novels on deck before TC opens up

The Count of Monte Cristo and Treasure Island -  but apparently he's unsure if you spell the authors last name with one "S" or two

I'm thinking 2

Treasure Island is for fourth graders and can be read in like a day, which is a good thing because The Count of Monte Cristo is an absolutely brutal read and definitely not worth the investment.

#FireGute

• 1 month later...

With regards to finding a Jake Ryan replacement, Das Gute says:

“I think just kind of watching Ted (Thompson) all those years going through these scenarios, I think the best practice is patience,” Gutekunst said. “We have some young players that show some promise out there, and we’d kind of like them to continue to grow into those kind of roles and see what we have.

“At the same time, we’re kind of always on the scenes preparing for everything.”

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

With regards to finding a Jake Ryan replacement, Das Gute says:

“I think just kind of watching Ted (Thompson) all those years going through these scenarios, I think the best practice is patience,” Gutekunst said. “We have some young players that show some promise out there, and we’d kind of like them to continue to grow into those kind of roles and see what we have.

“At the same time, we’re kind of always on the scenes preparing for everything.”

Greer Martini>free agents

Ted=Gute

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

FFS, if you’re going to be a GM, then at least ‘kind of’ articulate like one.

Lol he did drop that three times didn't he. I don't know if being highly articulate is a must for a GM though.

13 hours ago, Norm said:

Lol he did drop that three times didn't he. I don't know if being highly articulate is a must for a GM though.

Four times actually, and you're right - being able to speak well isn't a mandatory requirement for GM in the NFL.  His passive language usage makes me cringe though.

Archived