Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

In spite of the fact that I and most others here had never of heard of the guy two weeks ago, I’m pleased with this decision.  Would be bummed if Wolf leaves, but maybe he needs to get out and get some experience as a GM (if someone hires him).  Fact is, we don’t know how either Gute or Wolf will work out.  Now we’ll know.

Gute is our guy .. I'm good with it, although I didn't think he'd be the choice.  I like having the scouting mind in charge of things.  It just simplifies things to have the talent scout of the bunch make the major calls.  Sounds like Ball and Wolf will be on board so that's excellent news as well. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The best part of this hire is if he truly has MM's support it should keep MM here for a long time, which is the best news we could get. Truly elite football guy there, top 2-3 coach in the league. Pairing him with a good fit GM is ideal news.

Troll job on point!

tenor.gif?itemid=3574833

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

Gute Kunst = good art (as far as I can work it out).

There could be worse meanings than that, so I'm good with it.

I'm thinking "Gute" (as in Goot) versus "Gut" (as in "My gut told me this FA would put us over the top and take us back to the SB")  :)

Archived