Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

So now we have to wait and see if there is any fallout from the Packers choice (losing Wolf and/or Ball).

I'm hoping they both stay, but there are no guarantees. My guy was Ball (based on very little, let's face it, none of us had much to go on when picking our favourites). Gutekunst was my second choice (for what it is worth) over Wolf and Schneider.

Kudos to Brian

"I reached the top - and had to stop, and that's what's bothering me" (Jungle Book)

Just now, deltarich87 said:

I don't think Wolf will be staying long in GB after this news. Assuming Gute does well, he can be GM for quite some time considering he's only 44 yrs old

I would assume Wolf stays this year. He knows he's a top target. Don't think he risks going somewhere, not having success in that FO and losing his hot name. As long as we continue to win, Wolf will be a top 5 GM candidate.

5 minutes ago, EirePacker said:

Delighted. Ball can still do his job as is and be a voice to gute over cap matters. Hopefully we don't lose wolf but gute has more than earned it

Wolf might be the odd man out but he'll land on his feet somewhere.  I just hope it is in the AFC.  ;)

Archived