Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

I've seen quite a few reports over the years that the people behind Ted have been absolutely frustrated with his lack of activity in free agency.  If I had a guess, Gute will act much more like Wolf, Dorsey, Schneider and McKinsey in free agency than Ted.  

I doubt very much that this will be a "more of the same" type of hire.  Ball?  Yes.  Sounded like he was a Ted clone.  Gute,  not so much.

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Let's be real about this whole GM search. The amount of information we have about what goes on in our (or anybody's) front office is pretty much zero. What we do know is second hand conjecture at best. 

Very much this.  There's way too many assumptions being made.  We can properly evaluate him in 5 years.

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Let's be real about this whole GM search. The amount of information we have about what goes on in our (or anybody's) front office is pretty much zero. What we do know is second hand conjecture at best. 

Completely agree .. can't believe a one of them.  

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I'd say best case, he stays one more year. Worst case, he's with Dorsey in two weeks.

Not sure he's going with Dorsey.  I think they'd have to make up some new title otherwise I'd imagine it's a demotion for Wolf.

5 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I've seen quite a few reports over the years that the people behind Ted have been absolutely frustrated with his lack of activity in free agency.  If I had a guess, Gute will act much more like Wolf, Dorsey, Schneider and McKinsey in free agency than Ted.  

I doubt very much that this will be a "more of the same" type of hire.  Ball?  Yes.  Sounded like he was a Ted clone.  Gute,  not so much.

I hope your right, I for one am not a fan of blowing all our money in FA...but this whole draft and develop thing hasn’t worked out recently and Rodgers isn’t getting any younger.

Make the Packers great again!

10 minutes ago, Cheech said:

My thoughts (and hopes) as well.

A good move imo. He seems to have been more 'in-demand' than Wolf was, and likely keeps everyone in-house happy.

I don't understand the complaints re: the Packers staying in-house. McKenzie/Dorsey/Schneider have all shown different strategies and approaches despite all coming from Green Bay. 

Archived