Packers hire Brian Gutekunst as GM

marky mark

Sounds like Gute was McCarthy's guy - so that's encouraging. MM is the most valuable piece to keep around in the franchise and has been subtle about wanting a bigger voice in talent acquisition. Him being happy, makes me happy. He's a brilliant football guy so I trust his judgment.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't know why lots of Packer fans wanted Wolf.  He's like 35 years old and you can't tell me he'd be a leading candidate for any GM position if his last name wasn't Wolf. 

felt the same. maybe he's a true talent too, but I think if I were him I'd like to get experience in another front office to broaden myself some.

He'll be more valuable with more experience (outside of GB).

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wolf is the fans favorite every year due to nepotism. Last year the 49ers enter interviewed both him and Gutekunst and liked the latter a lot more. 

^^ This!  And honestly, the less nepotism in the league, especially at the management and governance levels, the better.  So I'm all for this hire.

I was saying all along, Gutekunst seemed liked the right guy for the job. Wolf had the name but Gutekunst had what seemed like more of internal support from the ppl who know. I know when the Niners were looking last year, it was reported Jed was more impressesed with Gutekunst than Wolf from their interviews. Dont think the Pack miss a beat with him and MM still around. 

Archived