[Null]

AlNFL19

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

Well, it differs in its calculation and how things are weighted, for starters. They also probably don’t use the same exact lists of statistics. AV just puts a number on season performance that appears largely unrelated to point scoring (given that 15 is a good score). 

I can't find the link to your YT channel, so I can't look at how you're weighting certain activities. AV basically splits up the performance of an offense over the course of a season by the value brought to it by each position group, and then subsequently to each player. It includes all players, including OL, so that may cause deviation with your stat.

Can you link your YT profile here, or just explain your weighting formula here? I'm curious about it.

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

I can't find the link to your YT channel, so I can't look at how you're weighting certain activities. AV basically splits up the performance of an offense over the course of a season by the value brought to it by each position group, and then subsequently to each player. It includes all players, including OL, so that may cause deviation with your stat.

Can you link your YT profile here, or just explain your weighting formula here? I'm curious about it.

So, basically, I find the relationships from the Internet of x points per value of a statistic, and I do that for all of them. Then, I created a basic scale of points from touchdowns, because touchdowns are literal points and are common across all three positions. Then, I could use that scale to weigh the different statistics, like those that don't necessarily cross over between all three positions (i.e. rushing yards) so as to determine their impact on a game. I don't know if that's helpful or redundant, so... 

Just now, Nuclear So & So said:

Could you provide a more comprehensive list of players? I am curious about some of the methodology and calculations you used, but I would also like to see a more full list of player evaluations to see how it plays out beyond the top 10 players.

If you go to my profile and Thought for Today, there's a link to my YouTube channel, where I just uploaded a list of this year's Top 50 Players.

Would need to see a more complete list of player grades or your method of grading to get a better picture. 

Couple initial questions:

1.  The top 10 list already looks very RB heavy.  I don't think all those RBs were top 10 skill position players this year.

2.  Do you account for team's offense/QB/OL situation?  Seeing Hopkins there is promising but not a guarantee.

3.  Does this account for secondary things such as blocking or blitz pickup? 

4.  Are turnovers included in calculations?

35 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Would need to see a more complete list of player grades or your method of grading to get a better picture. 

Couple initial questions:

1.  The top 10 list already looks very RB heavy.  I don't think all those RBs were top 10 skill position players this year.

2.  Do you account for team's offense/QB/OL situation?  Seeing Hopkins there is promising but not a guarantee.

3.  Does this account for secondary things such as blocking or blitz pickup? 

4.  Are turnovers included in calculations?

1. I would argue so. This was a weak year statistically for wideouts. 

2. No, I already addressed that it doesn’t factor in the team production. 

3. I’m still working on blocking stuff. It’s harder than some of the others and applicable data is harder to come by.

4. Only the ones caused by the WRs, RBs, TEs. 

My YouTube channel has a more complete list of grades (50 players). 

On 1/10/2018 at 5:01 PM, tonyto36 said:

I have managed to weight PEP+ for wide receivers according to QB situation, but I haven't managed to weight it for RBs or TEs yet. I will update if I can complete that.

Top 5 WRs by Adjusted PEP+:

5. Julio Jones - 85.81

4. Larry Fitzgerald - 88.75

3. Keenan Allen - 92.66

2. Antonio Brown - 101.22

1. DeAndre Hopkins - 108.66

Archived