GDT Divisional Round Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #1 Patriots (13-3): Saturday 8:15PM ET

TitanSlim

I know the Patriots very very well since i live here. It will be a tough game mostly because of Brady and Gronk. No one is giving the Titans any kind of chance this weekend which isn’t a bad thing. If we are competitive I will be very happy because the radio stations an media here are just laughing us off and have Steelers Patriots etched in stone for the AFC Championship.

I do think we match up well against the Pats. Titans need to continue the man coverage this week for the most part because that’s the only way you beat Brady. If you go Zone he is going to quick pass us to death. 

Logan and Adoree will have to be on Cooks and Amendola. Hogan isn’t healthy but Ty Smith can hang with him. 

The 2 biggest areas the Pats have the best chance at tearing us apart is Gronk and passes to Lewis and Burkhead if he’s healthy. If the Titans can contain there backs on the ground then we have a shot but the Titans have to have to have to get after Brady.

Pats O-Line isn’t great there’s no reason why Casey Rak Morgan and Woodyard shouldn’t get to Brady. If they get him off his spot we have a chance.

If it comes down to the kickers it’s not a lock Goskowski makes a big kick. He for what ever reason struggles in big games. 

For the Titans do we stick with Adoree on returns? I just feel we are never getting another big return out of him this year so do we go with Weems since he’s at least capable of catching the punt?

Overall the Pats are a good team not invincible but can be beaten but for what ever reason teams just crap themselves in the big spot inside Gillette Stadium because they go away from what they do best and I’ve seen the Pats make a joke out of coaches like Mularkey time and time again. Titans need to do what they do best and continue to run Henry and Mariota. This can’t be a game where Marcus turns the ball over or Decker continues to drop passes. Titans will have to play the perfect game hopefully Henry runs angry again because it was so nice to see some emotion from him after the game yesterday 

I was thinking to myself before the Jags game...I kind of want the Patriots.

If we do manage to win, I would rather beat the unbeatable favorites.  You won't find any person on the planet outside of Titans fans to even give a chance to win, let alone actually win.  
Bring it! Put up the best fight we got!

Related image

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

For the Titans do we stick with Adoree on returns? I just feel we are never getting another big return out of him this year so do we go with Weems since he’s at least capable of catching the punt?

Adoree dropped one punt this year, and it was just yesterday. What is it with this false narrative from some Titans fans that Adoree has been unable to catch punts?

He has made some mistakes with deciding what to and not to catch, but he's been fine overall.

4 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

We've played 2 playoff games the last two week. Our confidence is at an all time high...

I have had a feeling the last two weeks that the Titans were going to win and I think we're going to win by a bigger margin then the last two games ..

call me crazy but we match up very very well vs this team.

offense

PATS Have 20th ranked defense , I think we can pound Henry and keep the clock moving .. Mariota looks dangerous right now with his legs and our O-Line should be able to beast there front 7

Defense 

Im fairly confident we can stop there run and with the way our defense is getting to the qb (28 sacks last 7 games) I think we can do enough to rattle Brady. Brady will get his , but if we continue To minimize the big plays and stop the run we might just pull out a win. 

Weather looks like it's gonna be around 30 degrees and cloudy so we shouldn't have to play in a snow game again there. 

This Titans team reminds me of the Ravens team who went into Foxboro a few year ago and beat them. I believe ray rice had a 75 td run first play. 

Titans 31

Patriots 24

They are much better than the 20th ranked defense. Their first 4 games they have up 128 points, the remaining 12 games they gave up 168 points. Lebaue also dials up a ton of blitzes which is the reason for our sack success and I don't think it'll have the same effect on Brady as it has other QBs, as you usually have to rush 4 and drop 7 and hope your rush gets to him. 

If Kelce gave us as much trouble as he did I can only imagine what Gronk is going to do to us. The only way I think we win is if we find a way to win the turnover battle, Mariota and Henry go god mode again, and the rumors floating around Brady, Belichick, and Kraft actually somehow become a real distraction.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Can’t wait to see Cyprien on Gronk!!!

Yikes. Better be Cyp + Brown or something. 

I think we match up better w/the Pats. There are less weapons to worry about than Pitt, it's just what they do have (Brady and Gronk) are about as good as it gets. I imagine we won't be running a ton of hurry up as they'll want to keep Brady off the field. That being said you can still run no huddle and milk clock, I think they did well with that yesterday. If we show up the way we did in the 2nd half, I like our chances. Looks like rain could be in the forecast, I wouldn't mind that. Let Henry ground it out. 

We do have a chance! Its going to be up to Marcus and Henry to keep drives alive and run the clock out. We gotta keep the ball away from Brady as much as possible!

I've always thought if Marcus plays to the level he did last year we can beat anyone! And these last two weeks have boosted his confidence way UP! I think he trusts his legs again! 

DAMN THIS GONNA BE GOOD! 

Also for the future. Yesterdays win is going to be HUGE. The experience of a playoff game in KC for our young guys and being down like that and still fighting back. That's going to go a long way. Most regular season games now won't be too big for them.  WHAT A TIME BOYS

I don't really expect us to win but if we were to play our best in all phases it's possible. It's also possible its a blow out and we look terrible. Pats probably win but i am going to do my best to remember we are in the second round of the playoffs and just enjoy whatever happens. 

Archived