GDT Divisional Round Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #1 Patriots (13-3): Saturday 8:15PM ET

TitanSlim

They still have 2 RBs that they use. Burkhead is more of the short yardage guy and Gillislee is basically just a backup runner. 

Dion Lewis had 180 carries/896 yards/5.0 YPC/6 TDs on the season and James White had 56 receptions, so it's not like the backfield is really going to be hurting. 

If they had to have any two of the four RBs out for this game, those are the two they would pick, so I don't think they lose much. Gillislee probably doesn't get any or many touches anyway unless Lewis goes down. Burkhead could be a loss in short yardage and goal line situations.

1 hour ago, TitanTuff said:

Mike Gillislee is also out. So both RBs. And the remaining RB, James White has missed the last 2 games with an ankle injury.

How does this impact our D? More blitzes?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22074178/rex-burkhead-mike-gillislee-likely-new-england-patriots

In all likelyhood Lewis, Burkhead and White will be playing; but Lewis will be getting the majority of touches.  He's been playing really well for the past two months and Burkhead/White are just coming back.  They'll be eased in.   Burkhead will likely only get a handful of goal line touches.  

If the Titans have any hope of winning they can't blitz more than a couple of situational spots.  Brady eats LeBeau's defense and destroys blitzes in general.   Only hope is to pray your front 4/5 can get there and the coverage holds up.  Both seem unlikely to me, almost as unlikely as LeBeau controlling himself and not giving massive chunk plays to Brady.

The last time Brady played Lebeau it was a completely different zone blitz defense. The Titans play more man. Last week in the first half they played a lot of zone against the Chiefs and a lot of the time only rushed 3. That is very uncharacteristic of them and they fixed it in the second half. Hopefully they don't do that again.

That still doesn't give me any confidence in our secondary vs Brady, but it really is an apples to oranges comparison from their last match.

Report via Adam Schefter is that Burkhead is not expected to play. Obviously not official, but he's usually spot on. 

I'm not too proud to admit we need luck...needed it last week and most def need it this week....but we are due after some of the garbage calls and bad luck this year!!

The great thing is that we have no reason to stress, either we are going to shock everyone or do what is expected...no stress. I thought that we would choke away or chances week 17, down 21-3 at half time I was congratulating my wife(chiefs fan) and preparing myself to root for them this week, this week I have already conceded to my best friend and another co-worker that we will get hammered and I will be pulling for the Pats vs who ever wins tomorrow. I have made peace with losing 3 times...now it's time to sit back and watch. If and I mean if we win...it will be even sweeter...have resigned myself to this being our last game!! 

So...why not us...why not today??? Enjoy every second, even the bad ones, because more than likely we have 60 more minutes of meaningful football until early September, so any minute beyond that is icing on the cake!

Archived