GDT Divisional Round Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #1 Patriots (13-3): Saturday 8:15PM ET

TitanSlim

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Some random guy on an Albert Breer tweet.

We don't play in cold weather? lol  
I guess we been playing in tropical weather all this time...lol

I'm already preparing myself for a week of hearing about how the Patriots got a second bye. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I'm already preparing myself for a week of hearing about how the Patriots got a second bye. 

Yeah....ESPN were making their early pick, Ryan Clark said there wasn't anything to talk about. And picked the Pats. I understand tho.
Hate it, but I understand.

Just now, lovetitans said:

There were reasons for it against the Chiefs also.............

No, there really wasn't. The Chiefs are not a very good team. Smith is fine but just that. Reid is maybe the worst playoff coach currently. Their defense is bad and their weakness was our strength. Hill is a great speed threat but without Kelce to draw defenders he's easily shut down.

And even with KC not being very good, knocking out Kelce is why we won that game. It made Reid go in to his stupid conservative shell in offensive play calling and we finally stopped derping around on offense.

If I were setting odds I would have favored KC by 3 going in to Saturday's game. If KC advanced to play New England, I would favor New England by at least 10. Might even go 13/14 like they're favored over us.

Not sure why or when everyone started jumping on the KC bandwagon, but they weren't a good football team. Especially not without Kelce.

This game will not be a cakewalk .. look at the Pats games since there bye week? Bills twice (love the bills story but there offense is abysmal) , Dolphins twice(losing to cutler), jets, raiders, broncos and steelers(should have lost).  

I get it that no one is giving us a chance and they have stats to prove it and even gametape from regular season. However there is 2 major things that are brand new for our offense that we didn't have till week 17. 

1. Henry ... this guy has had minimal carries all year and has been barely used which I don't want to even get into that right now . He's the last guy a team wants to be  100 percent fresh this time a year and he is . Defenses take a pounding all year and this guy coming in is a 6"3 255 pound back going against the 20th rank run d. 

2. Mariota .. More no huddle, brace off, more running plays, looks fresh 

im not saying we will win but I will not be suprised at all. I think it's going to be a really good game . 

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Some random guy on an Albert Breer tweet.

We don't play in cold weather? lol  
I guess we been playing in tropical weather all this time...lol

Lmao that's hilarious. No one has watched us all year so I don't expect anyone to have any real takes on us. All anyone points out is the negative point differential that was skewed heavily by the Pitt and Houston game, and Mariota's TD/Int ratio. But they don't take into account the injuries he had to fight through all year (finally healthy now and has gotten rid of the knee brace), the offensive playcalling (which if yesterday was any indication we're putting more in Marcus' hands especially with the no huddle), and Demarco offering little threat in the running game (Henry fixes that).

12 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

One thing our offensive coaches need to do this week is either find the plays that are in the playbook currently or design some new plays to counter opposing teams cheating their run defense to the left side.

Any chance we pull out the game plan from the GB playbook from last year ?

17 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

From Dan Shaughnessy to every other media member in this town is just crushing the Titans. I really don’t expect a win either but cmon Titans don’t make it easy Saturday night please put up a fight let’s take it to these mother f’ers 

I really just want to keep it within 10. I'd be stunned if we won. Absolutely stunned. But I at least want to put up a fight. Knock down Brady a few times. Just don't get embarrassed.

Archived