GDT Divisional Round Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #1 Patriots (13-3): Saturday 8:15PM ET

TitanSlim

While I have no want/interest in replacing Mariota, I'll tell you who I'm getting close to wanting replaced: Derrick Henry. If I have to watch him bounce another run outside of no yards or a negative instead of hitting up the middle for 3 or 4 yards I might explode.

People wonder why Murray's carcass was playing over him and he showed why. After a game where he was universally praised for hitting the hole over and over and only bouncing it if it was his only option..and then he reverts back to this.

If we have to keep dealing with this in year 3 I don't want a year 4 of Henry.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

While I have no want/interest in replacing Mariota, I'll tell you who I'm getting close to wanting replaced: Derrick Henry. If I have to watch him bounce another run outside of no yards or a negative instead of hitting up the middle for 3 or 4 yards I might explode.

People wonder why Murray's carcass was playing over him and he showed why. After a game where he was universally praised for hitting the hole over and over and only bouncing it if it was his only option..and then he reverts back to this.

We need another back that can do some of those creative things...
Henry showed why he can be the guy, but he still hast a lot to learn. 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Marcus is good enough as a passer to play in an offense that doesn't use zone read.

Find an offensive coach that can implement a real system so he doesn't have to keep running 5-6 times a game just so our offense isn't anemic and we'll be ok, and so will his legs.

43 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Which is why we need to stop using him as a running QB  and ask him to be a pocket QB, which he's capable of being. Running an offense based on his ability to run when he sprains a hamstring or quad every other carry is a really stupid offense to run.

Agreed.

I was just thinking about Henry. He is 247 lbs, but he's not a power-back. I don't think he's your every down guy either. I think we need someone to pair with him in order to be successful. I think he has the tools to be successful, but if there isn't a huge hole there he is leaving a lot to be desired.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Yup I think RB is a bigger need then most people think, For one everyone knows we need a change of pace back with some speed and quickness. WE need one that will hit the damn holes and that can do it all really. Murray wasn't hitting them this year and Henry thinks hes got Chris Johnson speed or something. And sure they both had their good games this year but overall I wasnt impressed at all.

I think Henry is a great closer. But it's still up in the air if he is a true starter. And Murray looks beat down and I dont think we can trust him for a full year. He'd be a damn good 3rd down back though if he would take that role. 

Thinkin

1 minute ago, VY-FTW said:

Yup I think RB is a bigger need then most people think, For one everyone knows we need a change of pace back with some speed and quickness. WE need one that will hit the damn holes and that can do it all really. Murray wasn't hitting them this year and Henry thinks hes got Chris Johnson speed or something. And sure they both had their good games this year but overall I wasnt impressed at all.

I think Henry is a great closer. But it's still up in the air if he is a true starter. And Murray looks beat down and I dont think we can trust him for a full year. He'd be a damn good 3rd down back though if he would take that role. 

Man that's frustrating..
Teams know he wants to bounce it.

He froze and was full of panic and he tried to bounce it. Hopefully that is something he learned from. He tried to make a play and it went nowhere.  Murray is likely gone after this year. We need some speed. 

32 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

I mean we need something to take the defense to the next level and it feels like we have some real talent out there but we aren't using it right or something. IDK 

This sucks lol

Here’s the issue & why our pass Rush is inconsistent. Alright as you know we run a hybrid 3-4 or 4-3under. Our 4 DL is a DE NT DT & Rush OLB Orakpo, morgan is more of our Elephant LB. the problem is without a pure NT that can collapse the pocket & eat up a double team, the center can man up on the nose & slide protection to double Casey. If we can get a dominant NT & 5tech DE that will help

Im gonna have a hard time getting over the no calls this game. Gronk pushed off on KB twice. Rak was held like 5 times. Like we didn't get one sack.. TELL ME THEY WERENT HOLDING ALMOST EVERY PLAY EARLY ON.. And sure the quick passes were a part of it and they got tired in the 2nd half but the 1st half was full of no calls. The facemask on the 4th down play.

Just crazy. And sure we played bad but the refs didnt even give us a shot so it wouldnt of even mattered 

The play Henry bounced to the outside he literally had no other choice...they were all over that play. Playcalling was atrocious...but either way our O-line needs to improve bottom line. Its been the one thing all year our success hinges on. I see the merit in drafting a RB but thats only because I see a team like the Eagles with 4 RBs Ajayi, Blount, Clement, Smallwood. Clement would be there 3rd RB...and the guys been out there making plays all year for them. We have Fluellen. Dont really know much about him because we never use him.

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Marcus played well enough for us to win, in my opinion.  The rest of the team however didn't.  

This is my biggest takeaway from this game. I have been as hard on Marcus as anyone this season and was ready to move on from him for the majority of the season. These last 3 weeks he really proved me wrong and I am glad to eat some crow on it. He still has his struggles and needs to improve in some areas, but what 3rd year QB doesnt? What he showed these last 3 weeks is great and I was thoroughly impressed with how he played in this game. He had his mistakes but he was the reason this game was still competitive going into the 2nd half. He got no help from the run game and the team got no help from the officials (not why we lost by any means) but Marcus was a bright spot and hopefully we can get a coordinator in here that helps him take it to the next level. 

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

We couldn't run the ball. We didn't get to the QB. We didn't control the line of scrimmage.

Those are things we had to do in order to win. And we did none of it. 

As far as running the ball and controlling the line of scrimmage.. we all knew the interior o-line has been an issue all year, it was just a little more masked by weak competition throughout the year and a good team finally exploited it even worse. Also Conklin going out really, really screwed our game up..that was a devastating loss and we weren't able to do a whole lot after that. Dennis Kelly is putrid.

Archived