In 2020...

mission27

In 2020...  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the head coach and QB of the Patriots on opening day 2020?

• Bill Belichick and Tom Brady
    • Bill Belichick and someone else
    • Someone else and Tom Brady
    • Someone else and someone else

Depends how the next season or two goes, for me. If we win the superbowl, I can see them riding off into the sunset. Well, Tom. I think BB will coach for a while yet. He's not THAT old, and he loves football. He'd get bored on his boat, I reckon.

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

I just can't see Brady riding off into the sunset. I think he meant it when he said he'll retire when he sucks.

He's way too competitive to go out on top imo...he's always wanting that next one. 

This. Plus he's touching distance from Peyton's TD record, maybe only 20 or so games.

I think both will be here.  

Brady isn't going to retire before he's 45 [barring injury].  Belichick is a bit more iffy.   I don't think there is any chance he goes to a new team.  He's likely at most, 5-8 years away from retiring due to age.  He'd have to do a complete rebuild and reorganization at any other team.  Any new team is likely 3 years away from being how he'd like from staff to personnel.   Not to mention both his sons are young and based here and who knows what it would do to their careers for them to uproot which I'm sure he also would consider.  

Archived