DIVISIONAL ROUND: JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS #3 @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS #2

.Buzz

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Never had a team finished top 5 in scoring and top 6 in yards and been treated as if they’re a dumpster fire offense. Really sad.

Other fans don't watch the Jaguars weekly though. They just saw an embarrassing performance from a passing perspective and Bortles has been a running joke on social media for a couple years now. Gotta expect it.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

The way everyone is acting like our last game is everything the offense has done all year is really frustrating.

In the spotlight game for everyone to see is a big party of it.

as an outsider, I can understand the same type of thing with Minnesota. While we aren't quite as efficient as yours, we also get looked down on because of the QB's reputation over time.

Case Keenum/Blake Bortles effect.

28 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Other fans don't watch the Jaguars weekly though. They just saw an embarrassing performance from a passing perspective and Bortles has been a running joke on social media for a couple years now. Gotta expect it.

Definitely. Just wholly frustrating that our team scored more points this season than Pittsburgh, but everyone assumes we can’t score with them in any way, shape, or form.

Pittsburgh can absolutely beat us. They’re the favorite for a reason. Ben has been tested in these situations, they’re rested, they’re at home. We’re coming off a bad offensive performance, and Blake can certainly have another disaster game.

But for a team that was .7 points better per game in scoring, 12 yards per game worse, and on the defensive side is 3.5 points better and 20 yards per game better to be treated like they have no chance is just ridiculous. And it’s especially ridiculous when the last time the two teams played, the “team that doesn’t have a chance” won by 21 points.

I really want to see them come down with an INT early, really get in Ben's head after the last outing.  Gonna be an interesting game within the game.  Obviously they're gonna have extensively dissected the tape of that last game and what went wrong for Ben, trying to avoid the things that were obviously giving him problems...Now what is Wash going to be able to come up with to throw different wrinkles at him?

11 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

The ref will be Brad Allen. Same guy that ejected Jalen vs the Bengals.

Titans get Ron Torbert. Triplette and Torbert B2B weeks. Hahahaha

Not ideal, but I don't think we'll have to worry about any of the Steelers receivers jumping Jalen from behind, I guess we'll see.

Also, how hilarious is it to read Titans fans in the NFL Gen talk like they have watched our offense every week? Talking about an entire unit on a team while basing it all on 3 games they watched, 2 of which were against the same team, is pretty narrow minded.

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Part of me thinks we can pull off a miracle and the other part is terrified our offense will play like it did vs Buffalo. We need a really strong performance from both sides. Still glad I’m going to the game

Not even a miracle. If Blake makes a couple plays and doesn't turn it over than we have a good shot. It all hinges if Bortles can be average. Last week was well below average.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Not even a miracle. If Blake makes a couple plays and doesn't turn it over than we have a good shot. It all hinges if Bortles can be average. Last week was well below average.

But i feel like we will have to score more than 17. As incredible as our defense is Pittsburgh has 3 WRs and an incredible RB. Cant be any blown assignments or LBs matching on WRs like vs Seattle. It is nice that Big Ben doesn't move as well as Tyrod or Mariota but he isn't easy to bring down because he is so crazy big and strong. Need guys to wrap up to bring him down.

Archived