The Apple Thread 

This year I got a new Macbook Pro, USB C doesn't bug me since I have a dock for home use and I don't use much USB A stuff when I'm out other than a flash drive which is an easy fix.  Wondering if anyone else went the dock route?

Also just got an iPhone X, in part since I'm an iOS developer itching to get into AR Kit.  Anyone have any AR apps they love?

Or just iOS apps in general you want to shout out?  I've found a few new ones I've been enjoying.

I played that helicopter zombie game a bit. Cool concept but gets old fast. Still don't know what to make of AR and VR. I have no interest in VR, at least not for gaming, but AR seemed more practical and I expected more Pokemon GO type viral apps, but there's nothing. I dunno if the ideas aren't just rolling out yet, but other than them being used in some specialized senarios or professions, seems like both are just a gimmick.

AR is pretty cool for specialized stuff. IKEA having an app where you can put their furniture in your home and see how things look is nice. There isn’t really a grand arching value of its implication right now though.

As for apps that I’m using...

I switched to Spark for my email. First time I’ve actually found value from a third party offering over Apple Mail.

I’ve gone to Castro for my podcasts.

I use iShows TV, which has built in trakt.tv support, to track my progress in shows I watch.

Grocery for shopping lists, as it integrates with Apple Reminders and lets me share grocery lists with my girlfriend automatically.

Workflow has automated some basic processes I do often. 

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ahh ok. I read a rumor about it a couple weeks ago and wanted to see if some of you guys could confirm. Thanks. 

Basically - rumors are rumors until we see a shell of the phone from a distributor hit multiple sources. Apple works on so many different projects that get scrapped or rolled into later releases that until the project gets put to a distributor, we really don’t know for certain.

19 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Basically - rumors are rumors until we see a shell of the phone from a distributor hit multiple sources. Apple works on so many different projects that get scrapped or rolled into later releases that until the project gets put to a distributor, we really don’t know for certain.

About when do you expect it confirmed?  I need to upgrade my phone soon and wanted to wait for the rumored se2. I personally like smaller iPhones. 

I just bought the iPhone X and there are some minor annoyances with it.  For one, the notch at the top is incredibly obnoxious when playing a game or watching a video.  And the gestures are just clunky to me.  I had a 7 plus before the X, and I LOVED my 7 plus.

Other than that, I have a 15 in 2016 macbook with touch bar that's pretty incredible.  I use Logic, Main stage, and Final Cut on my Macbook and the touch bar is amazing for all of those things.  The USB C ports are annoying...I think I have 4 different dongles that I use to plug in my keyboards and what not...but nonetheless, I am happy with it and its processing power.  I was running final cut and main stage on my Mid 2010 macbook :/

I also have the 9.7 Inch ipad pro, which I really only use for mild gaming and moving watching while I'm traveling.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:04 PM, mitty18 said:

I just bought the iPhone X and there are some minor annoyances with it.  For one, the notch at the top is incredibly obnoxious when playing a game or watching a video.  And the gestures are just clunky to me.

I hear the next iPhone will have a smaller notch...

16 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I hear the next iPhone will have a smaller notch...

I think it needs to go away regardless. I like the concept but as someone who's relatively OCD, it's very annoying. Even Essential's is annoying and there's barely anything there. Make it clean or don't make it at all lol.