The Apple Thread 

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How would the Parallels/emulator route work?

Parallels is a legit program used to install different OS on a Mac. You would install Parallels, and then install an older version of OSX on it, then run the game on the older version.

Finding an emulator looks like it's going to be hard. 

If you have an XBox One, or a PC, the Complete Collection is pretty easy to find. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:
3 hours ago, MrDrew said:

So the problem is that the game was made in the PowerPC days, and we're on Intel Macs now. They don't make an updated version, or have it on Steam, unfortunately. 

If you don't want to mess with the Parallels/emulator route, grab a used Nintendo DS and the Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection for her.

How would the Parallels/emulator route work?

The easiest way would be to use Porting Kit.

After you download that, follow the instructions below:

https://www.paulthetall.com/zoo-tycoon-mac-osx/

• 2 weeks later...

Someone was telling me today how the new Macbooks have hard drives soldered in a way that you cannot recover any data if the computer stops working and would need proprietary equipment from Apple for the task.

Fruit bois, please say this isn't so.

Edited by Mossburg

On 10/23/2018 at 3:08 PM, Mossburg said:

Someone was telling me today how the new Macbooks have hard drives soldered in a way that you cannot recover any data if the computer stops working and would need proprietary equipment from Apple for the task.

Fruit bois, please say this isn't so.

I mean this is what periodic time machine backups are for...

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Friend still had the regular 6, Apple made his phone lsg uncontrollably with the new update. 

6s users beware, you’re next up next year. 

He should do a fresh install. iOS 12 is supposed to make old devices lag less and has been the consensus from most everyone.

The new pencil on the iPad Pro is sick.  That thing is going to be so useful in so many little ways.  I'm sold on it because I'm a huge fan of the Samsung's Note smartphone and the S-Pen is something I use everyday.  Could be jotting down a quick note, cropping a picture, illustrating something specific in a picture by drawing a quick arrow/circle, etc.  The Pen is also great for playing a game like Hearthstone and many other games.

Great addition.

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2018 at 10:48 PM, BayRaider said:

Def pro. Airs are slow, basically get bought for looking cool. iPhone and Macbook Pros are a solid line of products but the air is garbage.

+1. You get so much better bang for your buck from the Pros even on the low end. I will say it must be nice to have the function keys AND touch ID on the Airs though. My sister needed a new laptop and we're getting her a Pro over an Air.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is an apple issue or something else. I have blue tooth headphones (Skull Candy), and when I connect to my Xr, the sound only comes out one side. Tried google. Not having much luck. The headphones work out of both ears otherwise. I checked the L/R setting on my iphone sound and that's good. 

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Not sure if this is an apple issue or something else. I have blue tooth headphones (Skull Candy), and when I connect to my Xr, the sound only comes out one side. Tried google. Not having much luck. The headphones work out of both ears otherwise. I checked the L/R setting on my iphone sound and that's good. 

If you go into the Bluetooth menu and forget the headphones, then reconnect, what happens?