The Apple Thread 

8 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Holy crap, that worked. :S

this problem has lasted like 3 years over two phones 

I'm guessing you restored from a backup on the new phone. Whatever network issue was present on the old one would have just been pushed to the new one. 

Glad we could get it resolved for you though.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Going to get a new Iphone. Should I get the XR or go for the XS? Is the upgrade worth it?

What phone do you have now? I’d wait for the new phones in September but if not then go for the XS. I will choose an oLED screen over LCD 10 times outta 10. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow, no posts in here for 11 months?

Anyways, anyone know if the Apple Watch can be used for calls/texts with the same phone number if you leave your phone at home? Sometimes I wanna leave my phone at home because I get distracted with it. But I still want the security of phone calls with the same phone number. 

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Wow, no posts in here for 11 months?

Anyways, anyone know if the Apple Watch can be used for calls/texts with the same phone number if you leave your phone at home? Sometimes I wanna leave my phone at home because I get distracted with it. But I still want the security of phone calls with the same phone number. 

The Series 5 (Newest) and I believe the Series 4 with LTE let you do what your talking about. You'd definitely want some Bluetooth headphones paired to it for calls though.

I’ve had the same chrome book for 6 years and it’s finally time to upgrade. I know I can do anything I need to on chrome, so OS features aren’t a huge selling point for me 

amazon bought a huge back stock of 2017 MacBook Airs and is selling them for $749 right now which is right about what I thought I wanted to spend on a nicer chrome book 

im wondering if people think a 2017 Apple MacBook Air would be a better purchase than a 2019/2020 chrome book , or if in a couple of years I’d be wanting to upgrade the Mac again

20 hours ago, Dome said:

I’ve had the same chrome book for 6 years and it’s finally time to upgrade. I know I can do anything I need to on chrome, so OS features aren’t a huge selling point for me 

amazon bought a huge back stock of 2017 MacBook Airs and is selling them for $749 right now which is right about what I thought I wanted to spend on a nicer chrome book 

im wondering if people think a 2017 Apple MacBook Air would be a better purchase than a 2019/2020 chrome book , or if in a couple of years I’d be wanting to upgrade the Mac again

I've never really understood the point of an expensive Chromebook. The hardware only needs to run a browser, so it should be inexpensive.

You can usually expect 8-10 years out of a Mac. It may not be the best performer at the end of that run, but it will still do most of what you need, and it will still outperform a Chromebook. You can definitely do more with a Mac, but it might not be worth it if you don't need it. For the price, it would still be a better purchase than a Chromebook. Even if you did want something new in 3-4 years, you could turn around and sell the Mac for $300-$400. Can't say the same for a Chromebook.

Why spend so much on a Chromebook? You can get pretty much the same hardware in one that's $200 as one that's $600-$700. If you're happy with the Chromebook, why not get a $200 one, and upgrade to another in 2-3 years for the newer hardware? You would still come out cheaper, and not feel as obligated to keep it longer as it slows down.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

I've never really understood the point of an expensive Chromebook. The hardware only needs to run a browser, so it should be inexpensive.

You can usually expect 8-10 years out of a Mac. It may not be the best performer at the end of that run, but it will still do most of what you need, and it will still outperform a Chromebook. You can definitely do more with a Mac, but it might not be worth it if you don't need it. For the price, it would still be a better purchase than a Chromebook. Even if you did want something new in 3-4 years, you could turn around and sell the Mac for $300-$400. Can't say the same for a Chromebook.

Why spend so much on a Chromebook? You can get pretty much the same hardware in one that's $200 as one that's $600-$700. If you're happy with the Chromebook, why not get a $200 one, and upgrade to another in 2-3 years for the newer hardware? You would still come out cheaper, and not feel as obligated to keep it longer as it slows down.

I have to admit, it’s just cause I like the premium feel of a high end device. Even if it’s just a chrome book. Plastic laptops are no bueno 

26 minutes ago, Dome said:

I have to admit, it’s just cause I like the premium feel of a high end device. Even if it’s just a chrome book. Plastic laptops are no bueno 

Putting leather in a commuter car doesn't make it a Bentley.....

If you want a premium feel, you really can't beat a Mac. I would suggest going somewhere like Best Buy and feeling both out. I believe the case hasn't changed since then, and it's just the internals and the screen.

1 hour ago, MrDrew said:

Putting leather in a commuter car doesn't make it a Bentley.....

And I’m not under the impression that it does, but it still beats the hell out of the cheap cloth seats.

buying a new (3 year old) MacBook Air for the same price seems like buying a Bentley with 150k miles even though it’s probably not as bad as I think

my wife has a MacBook, so I’m familiar with them. I’m just not sure how long I’ll be happy with a Mac that’s already 3 years old. 

I’ll do some more digging 

Edited by Dome

• 4 months later...

So.. I've been having a problem posting GIFs on FB.  They work on messenger, through text, but anytime I try to post on FB in any situation the picture will show up, but it's a still frame.  No movement or motion.  Is this an iPhone thing?  Or FB issue?  Any help would be great.  

• 4 months later...