The Apple Thread 

14 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Hate wifi?  What the...

Phones and tablet? Great. Everything else? Inferior garbage. Gaming, network transfer rate, 2.4ghz signal sucks and drops in congested areas, 5ghz signal has range issues, security vulnerability, etc.

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

I didn't really know much about wireless headphones, but decided to get a pair that wasn't that expensive. They had good reviews and seemed to be good value for the money type deal, but were really bad compared to regular ones that came with the phone. I had no idea this technology was so bad. I messed around with someone's Airpods, and while I like everything about them, the sound quality was still not good enough to justify the price. Those seem to be basically the best options out there too, even for the money, which is just sad.

Check out JayBird. I can’t voice for their truly wireless version, but the Freedom is really good.

I have a commercial grade wifi setup in my home and it's still nowhere near the wired.

When you set up your cloud server and need to transfer large volumes between devices, you will be searching for that cable my son.

Edited by Mossburg

24 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Check out JayBird. I can’t voice for their truly wireless version, but the Freedom is really good.

I'm kinda not interested in these anymore. I'd consider the Pods if they cut the price in half, but other than that, I'll wait until there's some big advances in the tech.

Phones and tablet? Great. Everything else? Inferior garbage. Gaming, network transfer rate, 2.4ghz signal sucks and drops in congested areas, 5ghz signal has range issues, security vulnerability, etc.

Back in my day when my mom picked up the phone I lost internet service...

I have a commercial grade wifi setup in my home and it's still nowhere near the wired.

When you set up your cloud server and need to transfer large volumes between devices, you will be searching for that cable my son.

I’m half joking. My condo has a brick wall right by the entrance that is the side of a closet. It is halfway between where my router is and where my bedroom is. Once I go past the brick wall, signal used to drop drastically before I ended up adding some high end equipment to my setup. So I totally get where you’re coming from.

My condo is also apparently wired for Ethernet all around different rooms. I just need to figure out where I feed the source. Though I think that’s going to be a while. I have a light switch that I still don’t know what it goes to. 

I have a bunch of tech projects/purchases I’m working on, which should be fun.

Need a new MacBook Pro. Going to be setting it up with a couple 4K monitors and some sort of docking station at my desk. Looking to fully phase out my desktop computer.

Setting up a Plex server that will be assessable outside the network.

Going to try to set up a network drive that also works as a cloud server and backup service. This is tied to the two projects above.

I have an old iPad that I want to reservice as a wall calendar and planner. I think I’m just going to delete everything off of it and start anew with just access to my Fantastical and Things and run those in split screen. I feel like I should do more with it, but I’m unsure. I may end up using it as part of a HomeKit control system or something else.

Then I have a few other plans with a stereo system, HomeKit set up and other stuff.

7 hours ago, iPwn said:

Need a new MacBook Pro. Going to be setting it up with a couple 4K monitors and some sort of docking station at my desk. Looking to fully phase out my desktop computer.

Setting up a Plex server that will be assessable outside the network.

Going to try to set up a network drive that also works as a cloud server and backup service. This is tied to the two projects above.

I have an old iPad that I want to reservice as a wall calendar and planner. I think I’m just going to delete everything off of it and start anew with just access to my Fantastical and Things and run those in split screen. I feel like I should do more with it, but I’m unsure. I may end up using it as part of a HomeKit control system or something else.

Then I have a few other plans with a stereo system, HomeKit set up and other stuff.

Go refurb on the MBP. The price difference is definitely worth it.

Let me know if you need help with a HomeKit setup. I've done a lot of research, and setup a few devices at my house already. 

On 4/10/2018 at 3:08 PM, iPwn said:

My MBP runs really hot sometimes when I rig it to my monitors (1440's) so heads up on that.  Then again I'm using really demanding software (Xcode, music editing, photo editing, etc)