The Apple Thread 

1 minute ago, MrDrew said:

Instead of being a static row of function keys, it changes depending on what you're doing.If you're in Messages, it will have the auto-fill options, and emoji. Safari will have bookmarks, or popular pages, and tab/window options when it's a blank page. Photos gets thumbnails to scroll through and adjustment options. iWork apps get format buttons. You can always expand, and get brightness, volume, audio buttons. The Siri button is always there too.

I was trying to avoid getting it because of the cost. I went refurbished, and paid the same for a top 13' as I would have for the base. Made it worth it. After having it for awhile, I get it now. It even has functions on some 3rd party apps. 

The cost is the ridiculous part.  The 15in compared to the 13in is a difference of $900.  I get a 15in costing more but that's a bit absurd...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

The cost is the ridiculous part.  The 15in compared to the 13in is a difference of $900.  I get a 15in costing more but that's a bit absurd...

It's more than a screen though. Look at the specs. Quad core vs dual core, standard RAM, SSD.... Look at the refurbs, it save quite a bit. 

2 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

It's more than a screen though. Look at the specs. Quad core vs dual core, standard RAM, SSD.... Look at the refurbs, it save quite a bit. 

SSD was the same, but you're right about the Quad Core vs Dual Core, didn't notice that.  I priced out the 15 inch that I would want and it's $3,299.  I think you're right about going to the refurb route.  I thought I splurged back in 2012 when I paid $2k for my MBP, but sheeesh...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

SSD was the same, but you're right about the Quad Core vs Dual Core, didn't notice that.  I priced out the 15 inch that I would want and it's $3,299.  I think you're right about going to the refurb route.  I thought I splurged back in 2012 when I paid $2k for my MBP, but sheeesh...

I paid way to much for the top-end 13". I stayed at the 512 SSD though. My kid is doing photography, and video editing, so I figured it be best to get all of the power I could. I almost went with a lower-end 15" for around the same price, but I like the portability of the 13".

It's not always the best idea, but they offer a rewards card that will get you 0% for 24 months, when it's over a certain price. 

On 6/6/2018 at 2:29 PM, TheVillain112 said:

Check out B&H. I got a really good deal there.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Gonna buy my first ever iPhone in September. The iPhone X2. Always been an Android guy but my girlfriend is Apple and I loved the iPhone X's design.

Really? It took me a while to warm up to the X, and I've always been an Apple guy.

I'm still rocking a 13" mid-2010 Macbook Pro. Crazy right? The thing has been a beast over the years and I have only had to replace one cord twice during that time. However I think upgrading to a new one is in the cards. I did some light research on the new laptops (air vs pro vs macbook) but would love some more info.

I wanna stick with a 13". I only really use it for surfing the web, playing music, streaming movies and light work. Thus I think the Air would suffice, but is the Pro worth the extra money? I read it's better at everything except battery life. 

Thoughts on which model I should go for?

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm still rocking a 13" mid-2010 Macbook Pro. Crazy right? The thing has been a beast over the years and I have only had to replace one cord twice during that time. However I think upgrading to a new one is in the cards. I did some light research on the new laptops (air vs pro vs macbook) but would love some more info.

I wanna stick with a 13". I only really use it for surfing the web, playing music, streaming movies and light work. Thus I think the Air would suffice, but is the Pro worth the extra money? I read it's better at everything except battery life. 

Thoughts on which model I should go for?

Both are great. Go to a store, and feel it out. You'll know which one you like better after playing with them. I went in planning to get an Air, but my wife hated it. Wound up with another Pro to replace my 2009 model, which is still working. 

If you like the Pro better, look at the refurbs. You might be able to save most of the difference, and still have the same warranty. 

• Like 1

My iPhone 6s is just about donezo so I need to get a new phone. Was looking at the X and the 8 plus but for a reasonable amount of space they both cost $900-1100+. So I guess I might just settle for a 7 plus with 126 mb memory for $700 something. I’ve heard 8 isn’t too different from 7 anyway. 

On 6/15/2018 at 4:01 PM, Remixxxxxxx said:

really dumb question - if i install an SSD into my mid 2010 MBP can I just do a fresh install of Snow Leopard (I have the disk) or will i need to copy my HD over?

You can do a fresh install if you don't want anything off of the old one. You can also do a back that only would bring over certain things. You can also use iCloud for pictures, and contacts, then do a fresh install.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:25 PM, Tyty said:

My iPhone 6s is just about donezo so I need to get a new phone. Was looking at the X and the 8 plus but for a reasonable amount of space they both cost $900-1100+. So I guess I might just settle for a 7 plus with 126 mb memory for $700 something. I’ve heard 8 isn’t too different from 7 anyway. 

7 and 8 don't look much different, but the 8 has a lot more power. The X is a completely different animal. 

If you can hold on for a couple more months, the new one will come out, and you can get an X or 8 for cheaper.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

7 and 8 don't look much different, but the 8 has a lot more power. The X is a completely different animal. 

If you can hold on for a couple more months, the new one will come out, and you can get an X or 8 for cheaper.

Haha if I could somehow take a picture of my 2.5 year old iPhone 6 you’d see I probably can’t wait a few more months. The home button fell off yesterday