The Apple Thread 

Anyone have the Apple Watch? I always saw it as a pointless gadget but been debating getting one lately. My reason is   I want to go to the gym without taking my phone, and also go on runs without taking my phone. Just get way to distracted with my phone. Plus lugging it around at the gym or on a run in sweatpants sucks. Also wanna go on coffee dates with my girlfriend without my phone. However, I’m always on call and need some type of thing I can be reached on. Apple Watch with cellular sounded like it could satisfy these things for me. 

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Anyone have the Apple Watch? I always saw it as a pointless gadget but been debating getting one lately. My reason is   I want to go to the gym without taking my phone, and also go on runs without taking my phone. Just get way to distracted with my phone. Plus lugging it around at the gym or on a run in sweatpants sucks. Also wanna go on coffee dates with my girlfriend without my phone. However, I’m always on call and need some type of thing I can be reached on. Apple Watch with cellular sounded like it could satisfy these things for me. 

WIth cellular it would work for you.  I have the non-cellular GPS, and while it logs my runs without the phone, none of the phone features are available unless it is within close proximity.  

I bought mine with credit card points turned into gift cards, because I would not have bought it for myself.  But I love mine, and dont know what I would do without it.  

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2023 at 3:34 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

So what the hell is the issue with the Apple Watch OS 8.7.1 update for series 3? No matter what I do, I can not get this watch to update and it's apparently a very common issue.

It's an apple product, so I assume they tanked it purposefully so you have to buy a new one