The Apple Thread 

2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

I've had a Pebble Steel for a couple years and was thinking of going to an Apple watch. Walked into Best Buy thinking I'd get a real good look at one, turns out they don't have them on display. Really boggled my mind that they wouldn't have them on display but have all the other smartwatches on display. 

That is pretty weird. If there’s an Apple Store around you stop by and they’ll let you try it on and play with it. It’s a pretty neat piece of hardware. An underrated feature is the phone ping. I used to have to yell “HEY SIRI” every time I misplaced my phone. Lol.

I just ordered my apple watch series 3 today!

Current Apple Products:

iPhone X
Macbook Pro 15" w/ TouchBar
iPad Pro 9.7"
3rd Gen Apple TV

Software:

Main Stage 3
Final Cut Pro X
Logic Pro X

Seriously, I love Apple, but at the same time, **** apple.  

Edited by mitty18

7 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Who is the target market for this HomePod mess?

Probably people who want to keep their Apple ecosystem. In my experience, Apple products just work better together (obv). I’m guessing some people will be willing to spend the coin rather than try to use two different platforms. 

On 2/14/2018 at 2:29 PM, Mossburg said:

Is that an actual market? Seems very niche at best considering the price difference is vaster than vast, and assuming the assistant is of equal quality.

I guess we’ll see.

I think there’s a market for home integration, and I think there’s a market for high quality speakers and audio. I think there’s a market for both to come together.

I think the success of the HomePod long term is going to heavily be tied to how iOS 12 does though. From rumors, iOS 12 is supposed to be the update that gets things back to the hardline rule that everything Apple follows the idea that “it just works.” If they can take Siri to the level of “it just works,” and get it to properly integrate with AppleTV, iPhones and Macs, I think they have a potential major hit. If they don’t, the limitations of Siri are going to hinder it from making major waves.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I just got an Apple Watch series 3 for a gift. 

What’s the point?

Other than being an extension of the phone, what are the benefits of an Apple Watch? 

And, yes, I normally wear a watch, I just have no clue when it comes to smart watches. 

you can order pizza from your wrist now 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

What’s the point?

Other than being an extension of the phone, what are the benefits of an Apple Watch? 

And, yes, I normally wear a watch, I just have no clue when it comes to smart watches. 

Was with a girl at a wedding at a high end downtown Cleveland place a couple weeks ago. She had an Apple Watch. Was of course observing her. She’d receive a notification from the watch. She’d access her smart phone. And text. So seems to me so far you can order pizza and know when you get a text. 

Needless to say my date didn’t work out. But then again I don’t own a smart watch. Maybe I should have texted her?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 7:44 PM, SemperFeist said:

What’s the point?

If you have cellular, you can leave the phone at home and still have calls and texts come in.