The Apple Thread 

I made the plunge and got myself an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil a couple weeks ago. Bought some illustration apps and writing apps. Gonna find some time to get my creative side going again.

The speakers on this boom compared to my Air.

• Like 1

Hey guys, question..

i have an I phone and wanted to get a smart watch. I like the Samsung s3 more then Apple I watches and I know you can link them up together even though the watch is Samsung and the phone is Apple. 

For the people who know more: is it worth it? Is there any issues? Etc

7 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Hey guys, question..

i have an I phone and wanted to get a smart watch. I like the Samsung s3 more then Apple I watches and I know you can link them up together even though the watch is Samsung and the phone is Apple. 

For the people who know more: is it worth it? Is there any issues? Etc

I've dabbled with an Android watch on an iPhone in the past (sometime in 2017). I dunno if anything has changed (doubtful), but I would highly recommend not going this route unless you're getting a watch for free, at which point you're best case experience scenario is slightly better than nothing. To say Android Wear on iOS provides partial compatibility would be a vast understatement. Basically all your watch will be is a notification screen with almost zero interaction. None of the apps I used supported anything for Android Wear.

Also would advise that you look into the whole watch thing more before you buy unless you are 100% sure you'll get your monies worth. These things suck IMO and totally not worth it and I didn't realize it until I actually bought one.

Edited by Mossburg

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Well, my work is giving me an iPhone 8 for some reason. Do iPhone's have dual sim slots? 

They do not.

they make adapters for dual sim usage in iPhones, but I have no idea how well they work

I use text edit for a lot of stuff, but lately every time I try to open one of the files I get a pop up that says, "There is no application set to open the document."  I went and set "always open with" text edit, and it keeps happening and I'm about to smash my entire laptop into the wall and get a new one.  Anyone know why this is happening to me? 

Maybe @iPwn or someone else can help me.  My Macbook Pro W/ Retina Display recently had the keyboard and touchpad stop working.  Any ideas how to fix this issue?  I've got a time to take it to the Apple store, but if it's a quick fix I'd rather do it now.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe @iPwn or someone else can help me.  My Macbook Pro W/ Retina Display recently had the keyboard and touchpad stop working.  Any ideas how to fix this issue?  I've got a time to take it to the Apple store, but if it's a quick fix I'd rather do it now.

I've had this issue before.  Thankfully it was still under warranty, and the apple store fixed it for me (they had to replace that part of my laptop).  It seemed to be a known issue...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

I've had this issue before.  Thankfully it was still under warranty, and the apple store fixed it for me (they had to replace that part of my laptop).  It seemed to be a known issue...

Yeah...that's what I've seen from a quick Google search.  I believe my computer is still under warranty.  Or at least I hope so.

On 3/25/2018 at 4:54 PM, iPwn said:

I made the plunge and got myself an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil a couple weeks ago. Bought some illustration apps and writing apps. Gonna find some time to get my creative side going again.

The speakers on this boom compared to my Air.

Also bought some AirPods a few days ago

They aren’t that great for sound quality, but also not terrible. But given how much I move around my office and how often I’m talking with clients, the truly wireless concept goes a long way. Picked these over some others because they’re smaller and have the quick charge feature. Still will be using my other headphones elsewhere, but these are gonna be nice for work.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

Also bought some AirPods a few days ago

They aren’t that great for sound quality, but also not terrible. But given how much I move around my office and how often I’m talking with clients, the truly wireless concept goes a long way. Picked these over some others because they’re smaller and have the quick charge feature. Still will be using my other headphones elsewhere, but these are gonna be nice for work.

I am planning to buy a pair of these in the near future. Do they stay in your ear pretty well? I won't be using them while working out or anything crazy like that, but at work to have them to listen to the radio and things like that will be nice.

6 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I am planning to buy a pair of these in the near future. Do they stay in your ear pretty well? I won't be using them while working out or anything crazy like that, but at work to have them to listen to the radio and things like that will be nice.

Pretty well. Much better than the corded ones ever did. They would be much better at staying in if they had earhooks though.

I didn't really know much about wireless headphones, but decided to get a pair that wasn't that expensive. They had good reviews and seemed to be good value for the money type deal, but were really bad compared to regular ones that came with the phone. I had no idea this technology was so bad. I messed around with someone's Airpods, and while I like everything about them, the sound quality was still not good enough to justify the price. Those seem to be basically the best options out there too, even for the money, which is just sad.

This tech is too far behind and not worth even considering (unless you have a good reason I guess). I think they're as much a fashion statement as Beats are more than anything.

I still basically hate wireless everything (mouse, wifi, etc.) lol.

Edited by Mossburg