Ranking needs

Cheech

I've not really read much discussion on the current situation at RT.  I'm curious where all of you would put that on a list of needs for this off-season.  

Mine looks like this:

1. Edge Rusher - no doubt here.  The D must have a pass rusher that other teams are forced to account for.

2. OT - I think BB is done.  McCray is a guard.  Spriggs just looks hopeless.  Over the last few years one thing has stood out to me.  Rodgers is only Rodgers if he trusts his protection.  

3.  WR/TE - not necessarily both, but one playmaker is needed to stretch either the middle of the field at TE, or the boundary at X.

4. CB - I actually like who we have as long as house returns.  A better pass rush and a new DC that eliminates that soft zone and miscommunication crap should help in a big way.

5. LB - We have Blake Martinez and then replacement level players.  A spark plug in  the middle of the D to pair with Martinez sure would be nice.

I'll give you Edge as the easy #1. Keep seeing Landry out of B.C. in most mocks.

I'm going to say TE/WR is probably 2nd, because either Cobb or Nelson is going to be gone and the Janis/Davis thing isn't lighting any fires. Ty can move back outside, but can't stay out of the trainers room.

I'm not done with Spriggs yet, he showed some flashes this year. However, trenches are a need.

1. QB - Aaron will be 35 this year. Very open to finding the future. Plus it would be a great disservice to the team to just ride with Hundley, also Hundley entering the last year of his deal (where the hell does the time go?)

2. EDGE - If you think you have enough good EDGE Rushers, you'd be wrong. Never enough good EDGE Rushers.

T3. CB - I'm buying King and DR23. But there needs to be at very minimum 1 more starting caliber CB on this roster.

T3. TE - We need a TE. One that can run, I don't care too much about blocking. Be the Anti-Bennett.

4 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I've not really read much discussion on the current situation at RT.  I'm curious where all of you would put that on a list of needs for this off-season.  

Mine looks like this:

1. Edge Rusher - no doubt here.  The D must have a pass rusher that other teams are forced to account for.

2. OT - I think BB is done.  McCray is a guard.  Spriggs just looks hopeless.  Over the last few years one thing has stood out to me.  Rodgers is only Rodgers if he trusts his protection.  

3.  WR/TE - not necessarily both, but one playmaker is needed to stretch either the middle of the field at TE, or the boundary at X.

4. CB - I actually like who we have as long as house returns.  A better pass rush and a new DC that eliminates that soft zone and miscommunication crap should help in a big way.

5. LB - We have Blake Martinez and then replacement level players.  A spark plug in  the middle of the D to pair with Martinez sure would be nice.

1A. EDGE

1B. CB

2. WR/TE

3. Interior OL

5. Everything Else

Not sure what your seeing with Spriggs. He is a great athlete, had lots of mental errors, and is much better in the pass game then the run game but overall he filled in pretty well once he got back and BB went down, and BB should be back anyway, plus we have Murphy as well. I wouldn't be opposed to a Tackle if they are in position to pick one they really like but in no way do I see it as a more important need then the 4 listed. We need pass rushers and corners who can play. House was simply not getting it done. Only corners I have any amount of confidence in are King and Randall.

The 'Needs' ranking doesn't mean that's where you draft them 1-10,

I put the draft order list after the needs list

If the Packers shifted to the 4-3 defense, it would rather mess up my order..........

Needs List

1) Edge rusher. Primary need. The best group of prospects are probably gone before Packers round 2 pick.

2) TE. Definitely need an upgrade here

2) CB. Need an outside starter-quality CB

2) WR Need a no.1 or 2 outside WR

3) T/G You have to develop these guys, so you draft one every draft

4) QB Need a backup to develop again

5) Safety

6) CB Another one, yes. This dude is more developmental

6) TE Another one. Developmental. Needs 4.6 speed

6) RB More developmental guys

6) OL Another bite at the position

7)  K Competition for Crosby

Draft Order List by round   

1) OLB,

2) WR,

3) CB or TE, 

3c) TE or CB The opposite of choice at pick 3)

4) OT or a second TE if Gesicki still there, in which case OT is the next pick and all other subsequent picks are pushed down the order.

5) CB Again. Should be lots of CBs going around this area

5c) G

5c) S

5c) QB

6) RB

7) Anything - would consider a second O lineman, a DL, even a kicker, here 

2 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

1A. EDGE

1B. CB

2. WR/TE

3. Interior OL

5. Everything Else

Not sure what your seeing with Spriggs. He is a great athlete, had lots of mental errors, and is much better in the pass game then the run game but overall he filled in pretty well once he got back and BB went down, and BB should be back anyway, plus we have Murphy as well. I wouldn't be opposed to a Tackle if they are in position to pick one they really like but in no way do I see it as a more important need then the 4 listed. We need pass rushers and corners who can play. House was simply not getting it done. Only corners I have any amount of confidence in are King and Randall.

Spriggs still struggled when he filled in.  His struggles were masked by Hundley's inability to progress through his reads.  MM had him get the ball out of his hand rather quickly which took a lot of pressure off of Spriggs.  

I see a guy who lacks the core strength needed to play with his hands outside.  He doesn't have an anchor and his feet are still a mess.  He's trying to learn a new technique and I don't think he has the makeup to do it.  

12 needs a pocket to extend his career.  

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

Spriggs still struggled when he filled in.  His struggles were masked by Hundley's inability to progress through his reads.  MM had him get the ball out of his hand rather quickly which took a lot of pressure off of Spriggs.  

I see a guy who lacks the core strength needed to play with his hands outside.  He doesn't have an anchor and his feet are still a mess.  He's trying to learn a new technique and I don't think he has the makeup to do it.  

12 needs a pocket to extend his career.  

Admittedly I only watched the Cleveland game all 22's in-depth but he did fine in that game. Got beat clean once, and let up a couple run stuffs due to miscommunication with Jahri but overall did not change the course of the game. I'm not saying he is Bulaga but he can start in a pinch and is still young. Definitely needs to bulk up and is still a negative in the run game but he has the physical tools to put it together. 

Just now, SpeightTheVillain said:

Admittedly I only watched the Cleveland game all 22's in-depth but he did fine in that game. Got beat clean once, and let up a couple run stuffs due to miscommunication with Jahri but overall did not change the course of the game. I'm not saying he is Bulaga but he can start in a pinch and is still young. Definitely needs to bulk up and is still a negative in the run game but he has the physical tools to put it together. 

Again, you have to factor in the game plan...  Whenever Hundley was asked to drop back and read the field he routinely got pressured and the right side of our line really struggled.  

They ran the ball, threw WR screens, and got the ball out quickly for the vast majority of the last 6 games.  That isn't the offense when 12 is under center.  

Just now, Cheech said:

Again, you have to factor in the game plan...  Whenever Hundley was asked to drop back and read the field he routinely got pressured and the right side of our line really struggled.  

They ran the ball, threw WR screens, and got the ball out quickly for the vast majority of the last 6 games.  That isn't the offense when 12 is under center.  

Then maybe the game plan needs some tweaking.

Just now, squire12 said:

Then maybe the game plan needs some tweaking.

Or filling RT with a capable player should be a priority.  It doesn't make sense to me to get skill position players if you can't consistently protect your QB on a 5 step drop.

Just now, Cheech said:

Or filling RT with a capable player should be a priority.  It doesn't make sense to me to get skill position players if you can't consistently protect your QB on a 5 step drop.

RT options

Bulaga

Spriggs

Murphy

McCray

How many more options you need?

Archived