Just now, squire12 said:

RT options

Bulaga

Spriggs

Murphy

McCray

How many more options you need?

Quantity isnt the issue.  Ability is.

McCray should be starting at RG next year.  He survived at RT due to that same game plan that limited his time in space vs. edge rushers.

Bulaga will be out for at least half the season and this is his third major injury.  Spriggs and Murphy have done nothing to instill the slightest bit of confidence.

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

Quantity isnt the issue.  Ability is.

McCray should be starting at RG next year.  He survived at RT due to that same game plan that limited his time in space vs. edge rushers.

Bulaga will be out for at least half the season and this is his third major injury.  Spriggs and Murphy have done nothing to instill the slightest bit of confidence.

Spriggs has all the tools and was improving. I think his real problem wa technique and that was also improving. We’ll be fine. IF for some reason a very good OT drops after the first round I’d take him but not at 14. 

Needs OLB !!!

CB / WR

CB / WR

BPA

Bulaga will probably be back before Spriggs but we need to get another RT in there because we don't know if Spriggs is the future + Bulaga has had 3 injuries and is in the last year of his deal.

We need edge rushers. I'd draft one and sign another one in FA. Clay needs to play more ILB. 

We need speedsters at WR. 

We need a TE, wish we kept Cook. Open to signing another FA.

And we need another CB or two. I'd bring back House but we gotta do better there. 

4 hours ago, Cheech said:

I've not really read much discussion on the current situation at RT.  I'm curious where all of you would put that on a list of needs for this off-season.  

Mine looks like this:

1. Edge Rusher - no doubt here.  The D must have a pass rusher that other teams are forced to account for.

2. OT - I think BB is done.  McCray is a guard.  Spriggs just looks hopeless.  Over the last few years one thing has stood out to me.  Rodgers is only Rodgers if he trusts his protection.  

3.  WR/TE - not necessarily both, but one playmaker is needed to stretch either the middle of the field at TE, or the boundary at X.

4. CB - I actually like who we have as long as house returns.  A better pass rush and a new DC that eliminates that soft zone and miscommunication crap should help in a big way.

5. LB - We have Blake Martinez and then replacement level players.  A spark plug in  the middle of the D to pair with Martinez sure would be nice.

Excellent topic Cheech.

1 is a no brainer.

I very much agree with 3 as well, though I think Cobb or Nelson should be replaced and that TE is a dire need.

Your 5 is spot on. Martinez is good, but there is nothing beside him.

As for 2, this may be the most under-the-radar need on the team. Without Ted running the show, if Spriggs is truly worthless as you contend, Mike and Gut will not feel compelled to stick with a bust t RT just because Ted took him in the 2nd round as has been the case for far too long in GB. That leaves an injured Bulaga, and injured and untested Murphy, and a journeyman, guard in McCray. Could see a pick in rounds 2 or 3 here or even, dare  I say it, a veteran stopgap pass blocker at RT in 2018.

I only disagree with you on 4. I don't think House, who has missed a lot of games with injury during his time in GB, can be counted on as a CB 1-3. Randall was very good the latter part of the season, but then MM told him he needs to get his own house in order after the season. Can he be fully trusted? I don't think so. As for King, he flashed, but very briefly. He has established nothing so far. I think a veteran presence at CB is a definite need.

Again, excellent topic.

Archived