Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

The Saints can't run the ball.  The Vikings will just have to keep them from getting first downs passing, and the offence will have to score 23 or 24, and give up no turnovers.  They'll be at home, with a chance to play a home game in The Super Bowl.  They will be sky high.  I think they will beat The Saints.

Since October 15th the Saints have played 13 games in a row, while we have had two bye weeks in that time. They are coming off a tough playoff game against a division rival, and just lost Andrus Peat. We are fully rested.

We are playing at home, with a crowd that will be seeing their first playoff game in the new stadium. The Saints are 4-4 on the road this year, including losses in their last 3 road games. The Saints have only won 1 game in Minnesota in the last 25 years.

We already beat them this year. Convincingly. It was 29-12 until they got a garbage time TD. In that game their leading rusher had 18 yards. Diggs and Thielen combined for 250 yards. 

The Saints are a good team, but the Vikings are a better team, and we have all the advantages.

7 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Be prepared for lots of aints talk.... Then we'll take care of business

I can already see it sports media is going to be brutal this week no one is going to pick against the Saints.

I don't expect anyone in the media will look to see our  absolutely dominant home defensive stats of 9 points per game(Adjusted for garbage time, and punt return) 2.8 yards per carry, 5.5 yards per pass attempt, 8 total TDs,  9 turnovers,  and 24 sacks until after the Vikes win.

Just now, Robb_K said:

The Saints can't run the ball.  The Vikings will just have to keep them from getting first downs passing, and the offence will have to score 23 or 24, and give up no turnovers.  They'll be at home, with a chance to play a home game in The Super Bowl.  They will be sky high.  I think they will beat The Saints.

They were one of the best rushing teams in the league this year? The Panthers did a good job of shutting it down today, but the Saints have two very good backs and a pretty good line 

Just now, BigBearSD said:

I can already see it sports media is going to be brutal this week no one is going to pick against the Saints.

I don't expect anyone in the media will look to see our  absolutely dominant home defensive stats of 9 points per game(Adjusted for garbage time, and punt return) 2.8 yards per carry, 5.5 yards per pass attempt, 8 total TDs,  9 turnovers,  and 24 sacks until after the Vikes win.

Fox postgame was actually pretty complimentary of our defense after the game

Might turn into a shootout. I hope the OL is ready to go and Keenum is comfortable potentially having to win the game for us. Need some explosive plays from Thielen and Diggs. 

I don't think we can win this one relying on the defense keeping the Saints to under 20 points again. 

I honestly think this is the big one. If we can beat the Saints, the Falcons don't scare me at all. But this is gonna be a fun one. Hopefully Case shows up and plays his best game of the season. The Saints will probably limit our running ability and Lattimore is gonna lock up either Theilen or Diggs, but I don't think the Saints can keep both contained. Defense also needs to not just get stops, but generate turnovers. Don't need to hold them to crazy season lows.

Archived