Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

hopefully he can continue his success like this in the playoffs.

While I think Peters is still the better, more dynamic CB....I'll take Waynes 10 out of 10 times.

A growing, solid player who's not a complete immature idiot. He has stepped up huge this season and his tackling reminds me of Antoine Winfield

45 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

While I think Peters is still the better, more dynamic CB....I'll take Waynes 10 out of 10 times.

A growing, solid player who's not a complete immature idiot. He has stepped up huge this season and his tackling reminds me of Antoine Winfield

I've been saying this since we drafted Trae.  Peters has been good for the Chiefs, but he is such a knucklehead, it makes you wonder how many years he will end up playing for them.  With Trae, we know everyone will be glad to have him around as long as he can play.  We made the right pick when we drafted him.

On another note, I think Trae could be a big factor in Zim's game plan for stopping Alvin Kamara.  His speed and sure tackling will be needed to neutralize the shifty Saints RB.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've been saying this since we drafted Trae.  Peters has been good for the Chiefs, but he is such a knucklehead, it makes you wonder how many years he will end up playing for them.  With Trae, we know everyone will be glad to have him around as long as he can play.  We made the right pick when we drafted him.

On another note, I think Trae could be a big factor in Zim's game plan for stopping Alvin Kamara.  His speed and sure tackling will be needed to neutralize the shifty Saints RB.

Honestly, you can have Xavier Rhodes be the best shut down corner in the history of the NFL but if you don't have a capable #2 CB, it takes a lot away from Rhodes' and the defenses ability to have a good pass defense as the offense is just going to abuse that CB and once the defense brings over a safety to help, they get beat elsewhere

Waynes doesn't need to be on Rhodes' level. He doesn't need to be an absolute shut down corner and It'd be nice if he got there but he just needs to be "good" and that's friggin' awesome.

20 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Honestly, you can have Xavier Rhodes be the best shut down corner in the history of the NFL but if you don't have a capable #2 CB, it takes a lot away from Rhodes' and the defenses ability to have a good pass defense as the offense is just going to abuse that CB and once the defense brings over a safety to help, they get beat elsewhere

Waynes doesn't need to be on Rhodes' level. He doesn't need to be an absolute shut down corner and It'd be nice if he got there but he just needs to be "good" and that's friggin' awesome.

I've thought that if we could have a pair of CB's like Green Bay had when Charles Woodsen and Al Harris were playing great, we would be in good shape, considering what we have on the field to complement them with the rest of our defense.  I'm not sure if Xavier will ever get quite up to prime Woodsen's level, but I do believe Trae can match what Al Harris did for GB.

Just how big are bye weeks?

• We got everybody back practicing
  • 2 players that are limited, a aging veteran, Newman, and a player that was a DNP all last week that plays a large part in our defense (Stephen)

• Saint's have several stars/starters that had to be limited in practice
  • Lost their Starting, position changing Guard, Peat.

Health is huge in the NFL come playoff time. Hopefully we can feast on this.

Archived