Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

Newman did make it out to warm up with players and was held out of practice. Rest the guy, he knows what do do.

Griffen does bug me a bit, we knew that foot has been bothering him ever since he got hurt. Basically will be 2 weeks off from the time the game starts, figured it would of healed up a bit. Hopefully it doesn't turn into something.

Couple Vikings players took a step back today in practice. Cornerback Terence Newman, who has a foot injury, was held out on Thursday. Defensive end Everson Griffen was limited with a foot injury. A couple weeks back Griffen revealed that he's been battling through plantar fasciitis, an injury he sustained during the Browns game in October. Shamar Stephen (ankle) was also limited for a second straight day.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcronin_courtney.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropCourtney Cronin, ESPN Staff Writer

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I don't ever wish an injury upon a player but I really wouldn't feel bad if Brees stubbed his toe and was ruled out Sunday....

I don’t agree with this. If Minnesota wins, I want them to win because they were the better team not because of an injury. I don’t want any excuses. 

Also I think that both teams coming into the game are pretty healthy in general. But the foot thing with Everson concerns me, he hasn’t seemed like the same player since hurting it vs the Browns. We’re gonna need pressure vs Brees or he will give us fits. I’d like to see that A-Gap blitz in full effect Sunday. IMO we match up very well on the outside with Waynes vs Ginn & Rhodes vs Thomas. So we should be able to use some blitz packages if the front 4 isn’t able to do enough. 

On offense we absolutely have to establish the run game, and stick to it. Murray/McKinnon need to have very good games. Get us to 3rd and shorts, so Case isn’t asked to do as much. Either way, at some point in this game Case is going to have to make some big boy throws. Not just manage the game. I just worry about which Case shows up, good Case or bad Case. 

5 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Also I think that both teams coming into the game are pretty healthy in general.

The Saints aren't very healthy. Our team is made of glass. Our depth has already been tested and if anyone else gets hurt were will be in big trouble, especially on the OLine. Defensively we have a few solid starters on IR and that caused us to sign some guys off the streets.

No excuses though. Every team has injuries, but saying we're pretty healthy is a stretch.

Yeah, I think the Saints have 22 players on their IR.

Peat - Starting Guard
Klien - Starting LB
Breaux - Starting CB last year
Fairley - Starting DT
Kuhn - Starting FB
Anzalone - Starting LB
Fleener - Starting TE

While we really only have Bradford, Cook, Floyd, and Easton on our IR that would be starting

But ours is our starting QB. I couldn't imagine where the Saints would be without Brees this year.

Archived