Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

1 hour ago, Eric dunn said:

Ill be rooting hard for the Vikings today, but unfortunately i see us losing this game. I think MIN has a good chance, but i just tend to think Drew Brees will step up today. He's a HOF'er, and not to mention Kamara/Ingram are a dangerous combo. Top that off with a much improved/opportunistic Saints defense, and i think Keenum could sputter. Of course id love to be wrong, and dont wanna be a debbie downer. But thats just how i see it playing out. To win this game, the defense has to be absolutely lights out and Keenum has to play a damn good game with no turnovers. 

Big Ben is a HOF'er and he's getting worked over by a very good defense. He also has the best RB and WR in the game. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

2 minutes ago, DaCDiggity said:

I'm fairly young and only been to a couple vikings game in my life. Does today's game have the potential to be the best atmosphere ever for a vikings game?

I'm not old enough for the 70's Purple People Eaters and the Met, but I get the feeling the "atmosphere" for some of those cold weather games with that vaunted defense probably had a bit stronger vibe than that of a cozy 70 degree temperature controlled beauty of a building in US Bank Stadium. 

I am old enough to remember the '98 Vikings and that team had people in Minnesota more convinced of a Super Bowl win than I've ever seen for any Vikings team since. 

Honestly, the only reason I give this team a chance is because its the weakest the NFL overall has been in while... the most dominant team (Patriots) seem more beatable than usual, and there isnt really anyone else this year that has the aura of "I wouldnt want to play them in the playoffs!"  which makes it feel like the Vikings have a real shot.

I think its just the Super Bowl being in Minnesota this year giving the impression of "destiny"

However, the Vikings need to get past the Saints and that wont be an easy task (probably the best team in the NFC aside from the Vikings), but I'm glad its in Minnesota because I feel like Brees and the Saints offense has never been as effective against the Vikings when its on our home field and they have to deal with the crowd noise. So I'm hopeful we can pull out a win today. 

7 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Bradford back-up

Teddy inactive

Teddy had taken his last snap in purple. Is was written a long time ago.

I don't believe this to be the case. I think it's a strategic decision and has no bearing on the trio of QBs

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Bradford back-up

Teddy inactive

Teddy had taken his last snap in purple. Is was written a long time ago.

Dont be so sure, he'll likely be the cheapest option to re-sign and I highly doubt anyone else sees the same value in Bridgewater that the Vikings do... to me it seems likely that if he wants to stay in the NFL at all, the Vikings are his best option. 

I still think its Bradford thats gone (crazy when you think how he looked the first game of the year), as the money will be too much for someone you cant count on to remain healthy.

Case Keenum played his way into unlikely Hero role, and is probably a lock to be on the team next year. (posted before the Saints-Vikings game)

5 minutes ago, Ares Caesar said:

Dont be so sure, he'll likely be the cheapest option to re-sign and I highly doubt anyone else sees the same value in Bridgewater that the Vikings do... to me it seems likely that if he wants to stay in the NFL at all, the Vikings are his best option. 

I still think its Bradford thats gone (crazy when you think how he looked the first game of the year), as the money will be too much for someone you cant count on to remain healthy.

Case Keenum played his way into unlikely Hero role, and is probably a lock to be on the team next year. (posted before the Saints-Vikings game)

I expect that the Vikings will not offer Teddy a contract & one way or another Case is back, either under the tag or a multi year deal. Today's game by Case will not change this.

I think we'll move on from Teddy & wish him well. He'll get another standing ovation when he returns.

2 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Interesting that Bradford is the back-up today . . . did he show that much more than Teddy in practice?  Or is this a case where Bradford has a whole game of experience against the Saints this season?

It's just that Teddy is, at best, the 3rd best qb on the team right now. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Interesting that Bradford is the back-up today . . . did he show that much more than Teddy in practice?  Or is this a case where Bradford has a whole game of experience against the Saints this season?

He's got more experience than Teddy the past two years. I think that's what it comes down to

Teddy's a great kid but I can't see him returning unless he takes a cheap backup level contract.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

He's got more experience than Teddy the past two years. I think that's what it comes down to

Teddy's a great kid but I can't see him returning unless he takes a cheap backup level contract.

I personally think Vikings prefer to just move on. Too much past & history, and it's a kinda black mark on Rick (a little) and somewhat divided fans. Put all that to rest, let him go. Give him a hero welcome when he returns on another team. 

Archived