Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

I just don't want to think about the dang "Hail Mary!"  I will go to the grave saying that Pearson pushed off and it was offensive pass interference.  There is no such controversy with the play between Keenum and Diggs.

I said 'similarity' not 'controversy'.  I am testing fans powers of observation.  We Vike fans say 'push off' and Cowpoke fans say 'great play'.  That's not what I was asking.  I observed something and wondered if others did too.  Also, there was The Miracle at The Met vs. Cleveland.  The latter was another game winning TD pass, Kramer to Rashad, but a few seconds remained after the PAT.

Should we consider the 'Mpls Miracle' or the 'Williams Wiff' to be Karma for 'The Hail Mary' or the other William's (Greg) 'Bountygate' game?

re:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Saints_bounty_scandal

12 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Did anyone observe the game clock as Diggs ran into the end zone?  Toss of his helmet?  Controversy!  I've already seen a conspiracy theory about the Williams Wiff.  Sigh.

The clock hit zero when he was inside the 5, but hadn’t gotten into the end zone yet. 

And the helmet toss, while a penalty, wouldn’t have mattered as it’s a dead ball foul and would have been enforced on the ensuing kickoff, which couldn’t take place. 

And the conspiracy theory angle is just stupid. So much could have gone wrong on that play, while at the same time everything had to go right for there to be some sort of “fix” in the works. Besides, if it was fixed for the Vikings, the New Orleans kicker would have simply missed his field goal. 

The Fix was probably on.

Diggs was supposed to catch it and get out of bounds. Setting up for a Forbath miracle FG to win the game to take of the curse.

Diggs realized how bad of a throw it was, and Williams completely missed, and how bad he would look if he went out.

Diggs wanted the fame and just ran 'er in for the TD.

14 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

The Fix was probably on.

Diggs was supposed to catch it and get out of bounds. Setting up for a Forbath miracle FG to win the game to take of the curse.

Diggs realized how bad of a throw it was, and Williams completely missed, and how bad he would look if he went out.

Diggs wanted the fame and just ran 'er in for the TD.

Agree. It was a selfish and dangerous play just to boost his ego. Diggs has a complete "me first" attitude and he needs to be cut this week.

Forbath needs the confidence more than anyone but Diggs took his moment away.

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Could you imagine what everyone would be saying if Diggs was to actually take about 5 steps, run out of bounds with 1 second left on the clock with nobody in front of him.

Forbath goes on to the field, and misses the field goal.

Diggs would have been tainted for life.

Or....

What if he saw daylight and was tackled from behind before he could get it and time ran out?

I think that would be worse lol

4 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Or....

What if he saw daylight and was tackled from behind before he could get it and time ran out?

I think that would be worse lol

Honestly, watching it live, I didn't even pay attention to where he had the ball in the endzone.

I looked up at the replay to make sure he didn't drop the ball before getting to the endzone.

God that would have been horrible.

Archived