Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

16 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Thanksgiving game this year they were only up 7 when Rhodes picked it off. I am pretty sure they were up by multiple scores in that game.

You're right, good catch. Lead went from 27-10 to 27-23 before Forbath made it 30-23 and Rhodes got the INT. 

Also the Seahawks wild card game was a 9-0 lead in the 3rd quarter. 

Those are the only 2 I can find, skimming back to 2015 looking at points margins after each quarter. 

Vikings have had a lot of games where they lead by 10-20 points at some point in the 3rd or 4th quarter. Maybe give up a garbage time TD right at the end, but win comfortably. Typically win by 8-20 points, rarely by more than 21. 

19 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Senio Kelemete, he's solid. The main factor of losing Peat is he can fill in at LT very well if Armstead gets hurt, which seems to happen every other week. We'll be fine unless that happens. 

Wish you guys luck. I understand the feeling isn't mutual but if you guys win I'll be rooting for you to win the SB. And hopefully if we win it'll be completely free of any controversy. Cheers folks. 

Thanks for the 411. No hard feelings here. I also hope for a hard fought battle w/o any controversy. And if you are the NFC reps in the Superb Owl, I’ll be cheering for you as well. ? 

Is game management an issue for New Orleans? Watching back our Week 1 game, Payton was aggressive in calling timeouts inside the 2-minute warning. The Vikings would use that extra time to drive down the field and score a TD with 7 seconds left. That extended the lead from 10-6 to 17-6 (edit: 16-6 dangit Kai). Then I'm thinking about what he did today on 4th down, which didn't come back to bite him but definitely could have.

Hoping all our guys who were nicked up last week are ready to go. Kyle Rudolph, Xavier Rhodes, CJ Ham...we need you!

this game will be much more difficult for us than week 1, but I think the Vikings will their way to victory. It's only too bad we don't get to beat Adrian again. hehexD

Skol Vikings! 

This will be a tough game this week. Definitely not the same team we placed in the 1st week of the season. I think our defense will be able to slow down their offense, but biggest question that I have is, with their defense is also better, will be able to put up enough to win?

7 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Senio Kelemete, he's solid. The main factor of losing Peat is he can fill in at LT very well if Armstead gets hurt, which seems to happen every other week. We'll be fine unless that happens. 

Wish you guys luck. I understand the feeling isn't mutual but if you guys win I'll be rooting for you to win the SB. And hopefully if we win it'll be completely free of any controversy. Cheers folks. 

I can't say the same for the Saints but they aren't on the bottom of my preferred Superbowl winner if the Vikings don't make it, so they got that going for them. 

Both teams are way different than when they first met in week one but I still like the Vikings chances, especially at home. Watching last night, any receiver on Crawley looks like an exploitable matchup. 

I didn't think Kamara played as much in week 1, but I was surprised when I looked it up. He was in on 50 percent of the offensive snaps. He had 9 games where he had a lower snap count on offense. (first Falcons game being one where he got hurt on the first drive). 

Peterson was only in on 9 plays (14.5% of the snaps)

I not trying to be a homer here... but I expect a 14-17 point victory for the Vikings.

At home I'm expecting the defense to stifle the Saints offense to the tune of 10-13 points in the game.

The Minny defense just doesn't get the respect it deserves, but they finally will after this game.

The defense and the offense is much stronger then in week 1. Our offensive playbook is bigger (and better then week 1) while the defense has faced sufficient reps where they have pretty much perfected all the defensive scenarios. The defense is healthy and rested. The offense is healthy (enough).

I am expecting us to set the pace with strong running game, plus screen passes (I feel we have the advantage in OL over there DL), and we will win the TOP by about 12 mins.

It's not going to be a shootout game, it will be a 27-13 type of game for the Vikings win.

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Still at 6 pages and we're 7 hours and 11 minutes into Monday....

Where did y'all go!?

Well, I am really hoping everyone can be fully healthy for this game and this 1 week bye doesn't make us come out sluggish.

I do work in and around my house all weekend, that's where I am.  xD

Archived