GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Falcons. Their secondary was lights out and they kept running the ball.  See if Eagles pass rush can be what saves them.

Let's see if Pederson can get out of his own way and not go pass wacky "IF" the Eagles RB's are running for 7 yds a clip too like Gurley?

Although I don't think the Eagles Defense will completely shut down that RB Duo of Freeman and Coleman , they won't be running it down our throats like they did the Rams. I'd be surprised if that happens.

Which "should" mean Matt Ryan passing more. Now Which Ryan shows up will be determined on how well our Pass Rush gets to him. If he gets Happy feet because we're constantly knocking him around and getting Pressure, I like the Eagles chances. If he has all day to throw, Julio's going off for 200+!!

Eagles Defense is #1 Against the Rush and giving up 13Pts a game at home in 2017. 13-3 over the last 16 including the wasted Dallas gm (6-0 loss) where the Eagles were playing backups 3/4 of the game. There is a HFA for the Eagles at the Linc whether people chose to believe it. Even with Foles.

Either way, it's not going to be as one sided as some  are trying to make it out to be "Without Wentz". Eagles having No chance to win!  If anything the Eagles might have even more motivation given the total lack of respect they're receiving as a #1 seed? Should make for a good game!

Guess we'll see?

People keep bringing up the Falcons Defense and how well its been playing. Deservedly so of course.  But i really think most are underrating our defense. Its better than Atlanta's. Our front four is just heads and shoulders above theirs and that is more important than any other part of a defense. Im most worried about Deion Jones tbh. If we lose, I think itll be in part because of him. Guys amazing.

Also, Schwartz is already familiar with the ATL offense. I know it was last year, but he and his defense held that offense to their worst game of 2016. And this was basically the exact same personnel on Atlantas offense except that they were playing at an elite, historic level at the time. Whereas this season, they do not scare me at all. Especially Matt Ryan. Its their defense thats carrying them. 

This game looks like it should be a low scoring game. Whoever wins will be the team that can get to the opposing QB (bc Foles and Ryan both will struggle if pressured a lot) and run the ball on offense.

We are really good at home. Falcons havent shown they can go on the road in January and win in the cold yet. People are vastly overlooking this Eagles team also. With Wentz, we would probably win 8/10 times..but with Foles Id say were about even on a neutral field. Except we are playing at our home field..

this has the makings of a huge trap game too. Foles is still an average QB mostly, yet people are treating us like we went from Wentz to Curtis Painter. FFS we are#1 seed home team underdogs to a 6 seeded dome team. And still basically all non Philly fans have penciled in the Falcons to win. So many people have been taking Atl in Vegas too. This has trap game written all over it. 

Barring some bizzarely incredible game from Ryan, I think we pull this one out 20-13.

predictions:

-Ajayi goes for 90 yards on 13 carries with a 40 yd TD run. Blount and Clement combine for 80 yards on 16 runs also. 

-Foles goes 14/24 for 170 yards and a tuddie to Alshon. The Atl corners have trouble covering Alshon and he comes up big more than once. 

-Our DL sacks Ryan 4 times. Graham being the MVP of the game with 2 sacks, 2 TFL, 1 FF and 5 hurries.

-Freeman and Coleman are held in check in the run game, but Freeman does catch 5 balls for 60 yards and their only score on a halfback screen

-Ryan is rattled all game long by our pass rush and goes 22/40 for 140 yards 1 TD and 1 INT

Our defense's ability to get pressure with just 4 guys aids our secondary a LOT and is what makes us so dangerous and hard to score on most times. This is going to be why we win IMO

5 hours ago, BAConrad said:

People keep bringing up the Falcons Defense and how well its been playing. Deservedly so of course.  But i really think most are underrating our defense. Its better than Atlanta's. Our front four is just heads and shoulders above theirs and that is more important than any other part of a defense. Im most worried about Deion Jones tbh. If we lose, I think itll be in part because of him. Guys amazing.

Also, Schwartz is already familiar with the ATL offense. I know it was last year, but he and his defense held that offense to their worst game of 2016. And this was basically the exact same personnel on Atlantas offense except that they were playing at an elite, historic level at the time. Whereas this season, they do not scare me at all. Especially Matt Ryan. Its their defense thats carrying them. 

This game looks like it should be a low scoring game. Whoever wins will be the team that can get to the opposing QB (bc Foles and Ryan both will struggle if pressured a lot) and run the ball on offense.

We are really good at home. Falcons havent shown they can go on the road in January and win in the cold yet. People are vastly overlooking this Eagles team also. With Wentz, we would probably win 8/10 times..but with Foles Id say were about even on a neutral field. Except we are playing at our home field..

this has the makings of a huge trap game too. Foles is still an average QB mostly, yet people are treating us like we went from Wentz to Curtis Painter. FFS we are#1 seed home team underdogs to a 6 seeded dome team. And still basically all non Philly fans have penciled in the Falcons to win. So many people have been taking Atl in Vegas too. This has trap game written all over it. 

Barring some bizzarely incredible game from Ryan, I think we pull this one out 20-13.

predictions:

-Ajayi goes for 90 yards on 13 carries with a 40 yd TD run. Blount and Clement combine for 80 yards on 16 runs also. 

-Foles goes 14/24 for 170 yards and a tuddie to Alshon. The Atl corners have trouble covering Alshon and he comes up big more than once. 

-Our DL sacks Ryan 4 times. Graham being the MVP of the game with 2 sacks, 2 TFL, 1 FF and 5 hurries.

-Freeman and Coleman are held in check in the run game, but Freeman does catch 5 balls for 60 yards and their only score on a halfback screen

-Ryan is rattled all game long by our pass rush and goes 22/40 for 140 yards 1 TD and 1 INT

Our defense's ability to get pressure with just 4 guys aids our secondary a LOT and is what makes us so dangerous and hard to score on most times. This is going to be why we win IMO

I will be astounded if Ryan only throws for 140 against our secondary.  We average like 225 Passing yards against per game.  I don't care how rattled Matt Ryan is, Julio Jones is going to get open against Jalen Mills and create some yards.  I think we can generate some takeaways against the Falcons and I think you can easily neutralize Deion Jones with a heavy dose of Ajayi and a commitment to the ground game, so I like our matchup here. With that said, I think it'll be a grind to score points for this offense and we'll see how resilient our defense/ST is.

Keys to this game from an outsider looking in:

1.  Time of Possession - ATL dialed up a terrific gameplan - but the 2 ST TO's really swung the ToP to ATL's favor - and that really makes a huge difference for any D.  They play so much better fresh than worn down.   The same holds true for PHI's Wide 9 attack - generating a pass rush with their front 4 is so much easier rested.    So few teams win giving up 37-38 minutes of ToP to the opposition. 

2.  PHI's interior pass rush vs. ATL's interior OL without Levitre - LAR had a monster pass rush working until Brockers left the game, allowing the OL to focus on Aaron Donald.  PHI has the same interior rush strength with Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham a fearsome duo.   Seeing them both go all game long vs. ATL's OL without Levitre will be fascinating.

3.  Julio vs. Darby - I do think overall PHI's CB's have improved, but Darby is likely drawing shadow coverage vs. Julio.  Can't wait to see this showdown. 

4.  PHI's diversity in the pass game - I do think Ertz/Burton at TE  & the PHI RB rotation will pose different problems for ATL's D, who just stacked the box vs. Gurley early on and dared LAR to beat them with the pass, and got them off their original gameplan.    They don't have an elite WR1 anymore, but they spread it around.   Find the best matchup, and exploit it - I'd guess it's more Ertz/Agholor and the RB's than it is Jeffery.

ATL put on an exemplary gameplan last week, so with Foles at QB they deserve to be favorites.  But PHI's matchup vs. ATL is actually a lot better than ppl give credit for, and the ATL D only being on the field for 22+ minutes really created their best-case scenario.   I don't see a 10-14 pt W, but a hard-fought, 3-point win.   If the ATL line jumps to over 4 pts, I'd really be tempted to take the points here.  Should be a great game.

Archived