GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Ryan's a boss, that last pass was pretty incredible under the circumstances. Foolio Jones with the fail across the board, fell down, perfect ball goes through hands, feet wouldn't even land inbounds.

I would say pass interference when he tried to get up and the defender pushed him back down. However, when he did jump for the pass, he should have caught it, but yet his feet didn't land in bounds.  I thought atlanta would have tried to run it in once anyways.

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

It wasnt a blow out because we won with our BACKUP. 

I really don't know what your point is.  I never said anything about Foles being equal or even close to Wentz.

But unless you want to be obnoxious and argue for no reason, you agree with me.  The Eagles repeatedly shot themselves in the foot all night and that reason IN THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCE is why.

That's like if the Patriots lose tonight, Brady throws fifteen interceptions and Mariota throws for 30 touchdowns, me trying to whine that the Patriots only lost because we don't have Edelman healthy.  

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

I really don't know what your point is.  I never said anything about Foles being equal or even close to Wentz.

But unless you want to be obnoxious and argue for no reason, you agree with me.  The Eagles repeatedly shot themselves in the foot all night and that reason IN THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCE is why.

That's like if the Patriots lose tonight, Brady throws fifteen interceptions and Mariota throws for 30 touchdowns, me trying to whine that the Patriots only lost because we don't have Edelman healthy.  

they did but respect the win. EVERYONE counted us out

it really sucks for atlanta that jones slipped on that fourth down, that was a likely TD if he didn't. they went all-in on that play call in getting the ball to jones and the one thing that couldn't happen for them to fail did. if the play went right ryan rolled out and had a clear throw to jones (no quick pressure from the defensive line, no need to worry about underneath coverage) and jones likely would've boxed out the DB for a catch. people were slipping all day but it sucks it happened to julio on that play.

the eagles definitely deserved to win, their offensive line gets the MVP (obviously their defense was great but that was expected). despite atlanta selling out to stop the run the eagles could run the ball just enough to keep drives alive and play the field position game.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Tim Tebow beat Ben Roethlisberger. 

Jeff Hostetler beat Joe Montana. 

I'm just being sarcastic. The ones picking Minnesota and Philly to lose said it was because of their lack of playoff experience. People like Lorenzo Alexander.

How about you just credit the Eagles for pulling out a W most didn't see coming?

Foles played meh in the 1H - but frankly, he made all the plays they needed him to - their failure to get TD's was more on Pederson's inexplicable FREAKING love of Legarrette Blount in the RZ.   Sure, he got the 4th down TD in the 1H, but frankly, his mother could have walked that one in.   Every other run inside the 5, he was a complete liability compared to using Ajaui.   If the Eagles lost, Pederson should have been rightfully skewered on going with Blount.  The best thing Roseman can do is make sure Blount isn't on the roster next year, to save Pederson from himself here.     

Otherwise, give full credit to the PHI D - they came up huge.   Eagles won this despite the fact they had 2 key TO's that led to ATL's 10 points.   The D, OL and Foles, all deserve credit here.   Maybe he's not good enough to lead them to victory against the NO-MIN winner, but he was good enough this week, and he certainly did his share.  Give him that.

Archived