GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Julio is Top 10 in Red Zone Targets over the last 5 years... Stop it.

i thought we were talking abour this year...

that was kinda stupid but this new development is even stupider. you remember every game over the last 5 years, define great catch, how many opportunitee has he had for said great catch?

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

It shouldnt matter. More wins, more injuries and beat McVay head to head. This is just the cherry. 

That's not how CoTY is calculated though. If it were Bill Cowher would have an additional one and Mike Tomlin would have an additional one.  Heck, Belichick would have 6 instead of 3. It has to do with changing cultures, etc. And Marrone and McVay have that facet in their resume. When you play the injury argument you then have to consider Payton or Belichick as the Saints had the most man games lost of all post-season teams followed by the Patriots. If you want to do SoS then you also come back to Payton or Zimmer. My point being, if Dougie P wins CoTY it'll be deserved. If he doesn't, it's because there were 5 other eqaully worthy candidates.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

i thought we were talking abour this year...

that was kinda stupid but this new development is even stupider. you remember every game over the last 5 years, define great catch, how many opportunitee has he had for said great catch?

Alright, if we're just talking this year it doesn't get any better. In fact, it gets worse.

He was 8th in the whole league in Red Zone Targets, yet he only had 3 Touchdowns.

Just now, TENINCH said:

Its a regular season award and what those other 3 did is more impressive.

no its not. before the season everyone counted out the eagles and picked either the Giants or the Cowboys to win the division. Eagles would've had the best record in the NFL if they didnt rest their starters last game. I'll take Dougie P over any of the three you mentioned. 

6 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

ummm what?? GTFO . 2nd season as a HC completely turned around a 7-9 team and took them to the NFC Title game.. 

Yeah. I gotta disagree with that. Belilchick, Marrone, McVay, Pederson, Payton and Zimmer are all on the same tier in terms of who deserves CoTY. They all have viable arguments that include factors such as games lost to injury, strength of schedule, total wins, improvement of players, turning a team around, changing a culture, etc.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Its a regular season award and what those other 3 did is more impressive.

That is a really hard argument to make. I agree with McVay, but Doug had the best record in football in his second year on a team with a losing record the season before, and he did it with a second year QB who was in the running for MVP.

The other coaches were great, and McVay's turn around was better(which is why he wins it), but Doug is absolutely at the top of the conversation.

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I dont think hes in the running. McVay, Zimmer, and Marrone are ahead of him.

To say he's not in the running is plain stupidity. What Pederson has done with the Eagles offense is nothing short of brilliant.

Plus, he has actually stuck to the run more often than not unlike McVay who went away from Gurley a ton this year.

2 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

no its not. before the season everyone counted out the eagles and picked either the Giants or the Cowboys to win the division. Eagles would've had the best record in the NFL if they didnt rest their starters last game. I'll take Dougie P over any of the three you mentioned. 

See my post above for proof I'm not arguing against you. But you can't just use the W-L record to determine CoTY. Because of all the candidates, Dougie P had far and away the easiest SoS.

5 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

no its not. before the season everyone counted out the eagles

And everyone counted out Minnesota when Case friggin' Keenum had to play since week 2 and even with Bradford, everyone picked Green Bay to win the North even before Bradford went down.

Philly isn't the only team that have overcome hardships or were written off or ignored early.

Heck, nobody expected the Rams to perform that well, either.

Pederson, McVay, and Zimmer are 1A, 1B, and 1C. There's really no outlier that puts one above the other.

My vote goes to McVay.

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

Well you're a homer. Packers are picked every year over Minnesota. Zimmer lost his starting qb and running back and still went 13- 3. McVay turned the Rams into division champs his first year. Marrone performed a miracle in Jacksonville.

Archived