GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

1 hour ago, detroitlions72003 said:

If the Falcons come out and dominate again this week, does that give you belief that they actually have a chance to hoist the Lombardi this year?

I think people should already have that belief. They have as good a chance as anyone in the NFC as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, detroitlions72003 said:

If the Falcons come out and dominate again this week, does that give you belief that they actually have a chance to hoist the Lombardi this year?

They already have that shot. I'd put them 4th most likely behind the Saints, Vikes, and Pats (not necessarily in that order). And one of the 5 teams I can realistically see winning it (those 4 and Steelers). 

2 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

They are one of 8 teams at this point and were the runner up last year.  I think it is crazy if people didn't think they were legit contenders coming into the playoffs.

20 hours ago, BAConrad said:

What are you talking about?

I was addressing your comment about how we got shut out by Dallas. Because it was incredibly stupid. 

Also, if you're referring to when we played Atlanta last year, I do think it has some relevance. Because they have the same exact offense basically, except they're without Levitre and their stud OC, oh and this year their offense has not been historically good like it was last year.

The fact that we beat them, and completely held their offense in check, shows that Jim Schwartz is already familiar with their offense and Matt Ryan especially and that we match up very well with them in that category. 

It isn't like it was 5 years ago against a bunch of different players. Also, it should be noted that not only is their offense not nearly as good as it was last year under Shannahan, but also that our defense is significantly better this season as well. Now, to go along with our elite front 4, we actually have pretty damn good cornerback play 

Basically, not too much stock should be put into that game but I do think it is worth bringing up as it has SOME relevance. 

Your D always give us problems. Especially through the middle. I am so glad we have Mack now, but not having Levitre play is going to hurt our run and pass game. The only thing in our favour is that I think our offense can put up more points than your offense. The problem is, can our D hold you to less points. I think this game is going to be close. Very close.

6 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Curious...

If the Eagles come out and dominate this week, does that give you belief that they actually have a chance to hoist the Lombardi this year?

Or will more excuses be made?

I think one thing that needs mentioning is that Matty had a personal day off yesterday for family reasons. We know his wife is pregnant with twins and after watching him address the media today I hope and pray everything is okay with his family because he looked really distracted and looked to me like he wanted to be anywhere but there. 

45 minutes ago, freeman+coleman said:

I think one thing that needs mentioning is that Matty had a personal day off yesterday for family reasons. We know his wife is pregnant with twins and after watching him address the media today I hope and pray everything is okay with his family because he looked really distracted and looked to me like he wanted to be anywhere but there. 

It's always fun to see how much more hostile the Philly media is compared to other teams, he did look scattered a bit..but they were asking him some pretty dumb questions too.
If he had family stuff, even good family stuff he'd rather do...can't blame him from wanting to get away from that.

17 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

After what happened last year, as long as the Pats are in I dont think Falcons have a chance. If they couldnt win from 28-3 they arent doing so from 0-0 in the superbowl. If Pittsburgh beat the Pats though then maybe Falcons have a shot

On 1/10/2018 at 3:03 PM, detroitlions72003 said:

They should already be considered one of the 3 best bets to win the Super Bowl along with the Saints and Vikings

Archived