GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

10 years ago Jacksonville was the only team to beat the Steelers twice in the same year in Pittsburgh. Will history repeat itself?

Roethlisberger has played very well the second half of the season but that Jags game was clearly his worst of the year.

32 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I desperately want to see the Jags in the Super Bowl, but unless Bortles gets his act together this won't be close.

Pretty much this.

Defense is going to get worn down quick if it has to be on the field like it did this week up until that 8 minute drive early in the 3rd quarter. 

If Jacksonville is going to win this game I feel like they have to do the following:

1. No turnovers, they are not good enough on offense to turn the ball over

2. No dumb penalties (Block in back on returns, PFs, 12 men on the field/huddle)

3. Be ready in certain situations such as 2 minutes drives/score before halftime

4. Force at least 1 turnover, the Jags need extra possessions for their offense and their D will need rest 

5. AB and Bell are going to get their yards, just limit the big runs and receptions. If they can limit Pitt to FGs rather than TDs then they should be in the game until the end 

I know these are "No duh" statements but I feel the Jags, unlike most of the other playoff teams, have to play almost perfect football to be able to win. I think its going to be a great game and I hope it comes down to the very end! 

Jaguars defense matches up very well with the Steelers offense. The question is whether the Jags offense can do anything.

5 INTs is too much to ask, so is expecting them to score a TD like they did last time. 

Bortles, Fournette, and Hackett needs to be creative to get the most out of their possessions.

if they need to boot and use Blake's running ability to loosen things up for Fournette, they need to.

Are people forgetting Jacksonville went to Pittsburgh and won 30-9 earlier this season? I understand a lot changes in the NFL in 3 months time and you can't put too much stock into regular seasons games during the playoffs but those that expect Pittsburgh to run away with this game seem to have an awfully short memory. 

Archived