GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't get the AJ Green thing.  So let me say this, I understand that Ramsey and Green obviously had an altercation on the field.  What I mean is, I've never heard anyone saying anything negative about Green as a person or player.  Green seems like the consummate professional and he's obviously one of the best receivers in the business and has been for a while now.  Maybe I'm wrong about Green and people have talked down on him in the past and I've missed it. 

Pretty impossible to say without being there. But, I'd be pretty upset if a dude mugged me from behind and starting throwing haymakers (albeit at a helmet, which was idiotic of Green) too. Then Jalen got tossed for some odd reason while not fighting back because he knew AJ Green was out after throwing that first punch. If Jalen doesn't get tossed I personally don't think he goes off on Green quite as badly in his game ending presser (although it was more so just answering the reporters question of what he said to him out there).

Jalen did was he always does. Tries to get in your head by talking at you all game to try and get you off your game and give him the edge. Just because AJ Green is a nice, quiet guy normally doesn't mean he can't get sick of it/blow up about the whole thing. Some people aren't as mentally strong as others when guys start chirping stuff you don't want to hear.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Pretty impossible to say without being there. But, I'd be pretty upset if a dude mugged me from behind and starting throwing haymakers (albeit at a helmet, which was idiotic of Green) too. Then Jalen got tossed for some odd reason while not fighting back because he knew AJ Green was out after throwing that first punch.

Jalen did was he always does. Tries to get in your head by talking at you all game to try and get you off your game and give him the edge. Just because AJ Green is a nice, quiet guy normally doesn't mean he can't get sick of it/blow up about the whole thing. Some people aren't as mentally strong as others when guys start chirping stuff you don't want to hear.

Well first of all, Ramsey wasn't just talking.  On the play the fight happened, the Bengals called a running play.  Green literally put a hand on Ramsey (didn't even push him) and Ramsey pushed Green to the ground when the play was over.  The play was over, so Green isn't even looking in Ramsey's direction and then Ramsey pushes him to the ground lol.  After the game, Ramsey said something like... "I told him to stop touching me"... dude what?  He's a receiver and you're a defensive back.  That doesn't even make sense.

I was mostly talking about the post-game interview where Ramsey took a bunch of shots at AJ Green to the media.  Calling him weak and soft, etc.  I suppose that's his style and his play backs up all the talking he does.  In a sense the talking he does is actually good for the game because it's fun to have a villain type of figure who talks a lot of trash and can actually back it all up.  Like you said, he's great for people who are Jags fans or people who are fans of his, but everyone else dislikes him. 

I just thought the way he spoke about AJ Green to the media was out of line and I didn't like it.

14 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Jalen acting like the reporter took a personal shot at him is the dumb thing. It was a legitimate question...

Not really viewing it as a personal shot. He just refuses to engage on those garbage outside noise questions.

Just now, showtime said:

Well first of all, Ramsey wasn't just talking.  On the play the fight happened, the Bengals called a running play.  Green literally put a hand on Ramsey (didn't even push him) and Ramsey pushed Green to the ground when the play was over.  After the game, Ramsey said something like... "I told him to stop touching me"... dude what?  He's a receiver and you're a defensive back.  That doesn't even make sense.

I was mostly talking about the post-game interview where Ramsey took a bunch of shots at AJ Green to the media.  Calling him weak and soft, etc.  I suppose that's his style and his play backs up all the talking he does.  In a sense the talking he does is actually good for the game because it's fun to have a villain type of figure who talks a lot of trash and can actually back it all up.  Like you said, he's great for people who are Jags fans or people who are fans of his, but everyone else dislikes him. 

I just thought the way he spoke about AJ Green to the media was out of line and I didn't like it.

I never said Ramsey was clean of everything he did, but that push was not worthy of getting put in a choke hold, body slammed, and punched in the helmet several times. The game gets chippy. You see shoves like that all the time. 

As for what he said after the game, that's Jalen. The reporter asked what he said to get in AJ Green's head and he told the reporter exactly what he said. He called him soft, weak, etc. during the course of the game which evidently got under his skin. He blew him up on a couple pass attempts his way, etc. All of it boiled over into what happened.

Just how he is. He's going to talk, talk, and talk some more. He isn't afraid of matching up with anybody. 

This isn't to say he doesn't show guys respect who he personally thinks deserves respect. He talks highly of Hopkins of the Texans (also a rival) all the time. He said he never talked any trash against Fitz, as he thinks of him as a legend and had too much respect for him. He consistently speaks glowingly about AB. He doesn't talk trash about just anyone. So obviously him and AJ had an exchange/he knows something we don't, and that whole choke hold/punching didn't fly too well with him.

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

After the game, Ramsey said something like... "I told him to stop touching me"... dude what?  He's a receiver and you're a defensive back.  That doesn't even make sense.

I think you misinterpreted that part. Jalen was explaining what he did that got into Green’s head. He was physically abusing Green, hitting him at every opportunity and talking trash about how Geeen is weak and easy to cover. The “don’t put your hands on me” was part of the trash talk, like a “don’t bother trying, because you can’t beat me. And if you do try, I’m just going to bully you more“. 

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

I was mostly talking about the post-game interview where Ramsey took a bunch of shots at AJ Green to the media.  Calling him weak and soft, etc.

This was also him being asked what he said that got Green so riled up. He was making sure it was clear the kind of trash talk he was making, particularly after it had been suggested he was saying much more vile things.

Jalen talks trash in every game. When he saw he got into Green’s head, he ramped up the trash talk as far as he could.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Jalen Ramsey is a great player and it looks like he'll be great for a very long time.  I just dislike his attitude a lot.  I'm not even sure why, there's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.  He just seems like a tool.

he is a tool, but he's the type of tool you love if he's on your team. cortland finnegan was the same way (although not the same caliber of player). hell, richard sherman is that way to an extent.

34 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Here's a good article for you to check out @showtime if you have time:

34 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Here's a good article for you to check out @showtime if you have time:

I took the time to read that entire article and it was a really good read.  Kind of changes my perspective of Ramsey now that I know a bit of him as a person.  Seems like he has always had a chip on his shoulder and he continues to have it, even though he is probably the best CB in the league right now.  Thanks for linking me to that.

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

does it? Seems like pretty basic politeness to me.

If the question isn’t garbage, sure. But they’re asking questions with the intent of getting a rise out of him. He’s not going to play that game.

On 1/10/2018 at 10:50 AM, Iamcanadian said:

With Bortles as their QB, the Jags do not stand even a chance in this Game!!!

Gosh- I don't have a rooting interest one way or the other in this game, but I think for football fans the world over- and the TV ratings!- nothing could be better than an AFC Championship Game featuring an aerial circus duel between Blake Bortles, and Tom Brady. Would be like Elway vs. Marino in the old days!

Image result for blake bortlesImage result for Tom Brady

i honestly think the jags is the worst matchup for any team left in teh playoffs outside of maybe minnesota. The defense is elite and if you can cover and get after the qb at that level you can hang with anyone. Bortles gets a lot of hate and some of its deserved, but more often than not hes a competent qb. As long as he isnt giving teh ball away in awful spots,. i think they win this fairly easy.

Archived