GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

3 hours ago, bzane said:

Sexy and provocative article on the rampant Bortles Hate:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753093-blake-bortles-is-getting-the-job-done-but-it-hasnt-won-him-any-fans

"Yet the main takeaway from Sunday's historic Jaguars win was a case of the giggles over Bortles' 87-yard passing, 88-yard rushing performance, which was so clumsy and anemic that it could not be rationalized by any sane observer as "gritty game management" or "finding a way to win," our usual euphemisms for ugly quarterbacking in a victory."

"Bortles' boundless on-field enthusiasm only makes matters worse. He comes across like the tee-baller who dribbles a grounder in front of the pitcher, rounds the bases on preschool throwing errors and won't stop bragging about his "home run" until even grandma begs him to change the subject."

If I could like this more than once, I would.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What is more surprising, the Jags defense giving up 35 or the Jags offense putting up 42 (...35)?

I would say the Jags putting up 40+  because the steelers defense isn't crap at all.  Jags defense is great but the Steelers also have possibly the best set of players in Ben, Bell, Bryant, and Brown of any team in the league.   The Falcons aren't far behind with Ryan, Julio, Freeman, Coleman, and Sanu   But still with those studs the steelers have they can put up points on anyone usually.  Jags have some nice players but a rookie RB a young set of WR's and Bortles doesn't strike fear to put up 40+ most the time.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

I don't recall seeing a lot of that but I don't venture into NFL Gen except for GDT.

Take a gander at all the posts in this thread before the game started. “No chance” was said, verbatim, at least 10 times. That and “They won’t score anything” and “Bortles can never win this type of game” were said all week long in the lead up. Even if we end up losing, the narrative was all wrong and I’m having fun watching everyone still try to justify this as the Steelers making mistakes rather than the Jaguars actually being able to play with them.

Just now, Dodo said:

You can't think that far ahead though. It was executed terribly, but if the onside kick works you're set up well with two timeouts

You can't rely on a play that has something like a 10% success rate over your defense forcing a three and out.

Archived