GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Just now, Forge said:

I just hope that Jax doesn't sit on Bortles next season just because they make it far this year (assuming that they win this game). He can be improved on...he's got some nice games sometimes, just not consistent enough overall. I'd still like them to improve at quarterback even if they win it all this year. 

They have quite a few options.  As a Titans fan I hope they don't do their due diligence...but I have no doubt Coughlin will definitely put in calls for Cousins, Manning, Taylor, and Smith.

Just now, .Buzz said:

"Zero chance the Jags can do anything with Bortles at QB."

I would never say that, but there's a certain degree of winning in spite of Bortles these first two games. It's not like he's been super impressive. As I mentioned in the previous post, I'd still like to see them go elsewhere at quarterback next year regardless of whether or not they win it all with him. 

5 minutes ago, Blaaaaaah said:

Pittsburgh defense was never as good as people wanted to believe. 

Nope.

The Steelers were never a true "13" win team. They pulled a lot of wins out of their butts this year. They are likely closer to a 10-11 win team, which puts them on the same level as the Jags. Honestly, this game shouldn't be shocking and the Steelers shouldn't have been favored by 7 points. 

“The Jaguars don’t stand a chance”

”they won by 21 earlier this season”

“Ben won’t throw 5 picks, that’s not happening”

*Jaguars up by 21*

AHAHAHAAHAHAHhaahahahaaAhahahaahahahahaAhaahahahahaha

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Was the throw at the goal line a good play call, yes or no?   Does Carroll have the ability to veto play calls, yes or no?

You're just doing everything you can to squirrel away blame from Tomlin.  He is the HEAD COACH.  What happens with the team is HIS RESPONSIBILITY.

Coaches place trust into their coordinators... This isn't a hard concept to figure out. Like are you really this hard-headed? Like, quite literally Bevell still gets the blame for that playcall, not Carroll. Simply look in the Media. Look at Richard Sherman's comments this year. Look at comments about Russell Wilson and the coaching changes just made 2 weeks ago. You're really stretching because you have no legs to stand on.

Archived