Training Camp

candyman93

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He had similar combine numbers to Myles.

Yeah, but Myles is a lot more than combine numbers.... can't remember who said it yesterday, but one of the other players was mentioning how they'd never seen a player his size bend around the edge like he does. That being said, I hope Ogbah has a competitive personality, I'd love to see him try to show up Garrett - it'll only make both of them better.

45 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

Yeah, but Myles is a lot more than combine numbers.... can't remember who said it yesterday, but one of the other players was mentioning how they'd never seen a player his size bend around the edge like he does. That being said, I hope Ogbah has a competitive personality, I'd love to see him try to show up Garrett - it'll only make both of them better.

Garrett racing around the edge should be better than Ogbah doing the same. Other than that Myles has a lot to prove to me before I put him on par with Ogbah. Most of Garrett's college sacks came in 5 games against teams like Lamar, Rice and the like. I hope to see him abuse NFL left tackles and I think he will have some matchup advantages but I don't foresee double digit sacks for him as a rookie. I do expect double digit sacks out of Ogbah this year.

Saw a video of Kessler staying late after practice to work with Kizer, who was running through his play sheets - in addition to that speaking to Cody's character, it also shows the resounding effect McCown had during his time here (despite his inability to actually win games).

1 hour ago, BwickRedux said:

Saw a video of Kessler staying late after practice to work with Kizer, who was running through his play sheets - in addition to that speaking to Cody's character, it also shows the resounding effect McCown had during his time here (despite his inability to actually win games).

It's good to see these young guys acting so mature and professional.  Can't be easy to help a guy who is gunning for your job.

11 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I also like reading that Kessler hit Brit on a long TD pass that traveled 65 yards in the air. Brit beat Haden on the play

It actually was a 60 yard play covering 35 yds in the air.  Not even sure Kizer can throw that far!

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It's good to see these young guys acting so mature and professional.  Can't be easy to help a guy who is gunning for your job.

listening to the bull and fox earlier today and they were talking about this. They said it seems genuine too. Like it isnt for show to stay after practice. They said they interviewed Kizer afterwards. They said the interview will air at 4:20pm today on their show. They said they walked away from the Interview extremely impressed with Kizer. Those two were talking about every time they hear about him and see him, they walk away impressed. Even more so after the interview.

Yeah its great that Kessler is doing that but if he can gain the reputation of being the QB who stays late and helps guys, he will lock himself up a 12-15 year playing career. Heck being a #2/#3 QB might be the best job in the world. You get to play football, you barely take any hits unless you really play and you make millions. After all this CTE stuff coming out and Kessler getting two concussions last year, he prolly is trying to wiggle his way into the #2 role already lol

Archived