Training Camp

candyman93

My goodness, the Ravens are just getting hit left and right with injuries.... it was confirmed earlier today that Crocket Gilmore underwent season ending surgery and just now it was reported now their fourth round pick Nico Siragusa tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL. 

2 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

My goodness, the Ravens are just getting hit left and right with injuries.... it was confirmed earlier today that Crocket Gilmore underwent season ending surgery and just now it was reported now their fourth round pick Nico Siragusa tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL. 

Whats the line you walk when you dont wish injury on anybody, even a rival---but you walk away like

tenor.gif

14 hours ago, zelbell said:

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im going to need to know how in the world they factor the Browns WRs in the green with 12 points above a team with Tyreke Hill and Sammy Watkins on it.

...yeeeeeeaaaahhhh, this is one of those lists that I take 2 minutes to look at before rejecting it outright. As much as wish the Browns had the 6th best supporting offensive cast in the NFL, I think this is a case of the whole not being the same as the sum of the parts.

41 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

...yeeeeeeaaaahhhh, this is one of those lists that I take 2 minutes to look at before rejecting it outright. As much as wish the Browns had the 6th best supporting offensive cast in the NFL, I think this is a case of the whole not being the same as the sum of the parts.

When you look at it though a lot of our points came from coaching with

Hue

David Lee

Kirby Wilson

Bob Wylie

Al Saunders 

Greg Seamon  

that is a all star coaching staff compared to much of the rest of the league  

42 minutes ago, brownie man said:

When you look at it though a lot of our points came from coaching with

Hue

David Lee

Kirby Wilson

Bob Wylie

Al Saunders 

Greg Seamon  

that is a all star coaching staff compared to much of the rest of the league  

Sure, I get that - between coaching and the o line, there is a lot of promise. But I don't agree with the premise that you can just compare all of these separate pieces to the other teams in the league, add them all together, and come up with a ranking (which is what I meant by feeling like in reality the whole is greater than the sum of the parts). But then again, I don't think there is anyway to remove the QB, arguably the most important position in all of sports, from the equation and judge any of the other pieces on their own. 

Believe me, I love any preseason charts or rankings that have the Browns in the top ten of anything (aside from pain rankings) but this one just seems like an exercise in navel gazing.

50 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Just a thought... anyone else think we play Brock in the garbage time to make him look better than he really is to pull in trade offers? 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I don't think there's anything he's going to show in garbage time that will increase his value.

I think the only thing that increases his value are injuries to other QBs and the amount of his salary we'd be willing to eat in a trade scenario.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No reaction/update as to how it went?

I heard the first time around Thomas handled Garrett. The first couple of plays, Thomas stonewalled Garrett. Later on tho, Garrett beat him with a speed rush. Bruce Smith said it was a great rush by him. 

Just got out of the car a little big ago. While listening to the radio, they were saying Garrett looked pretty damn good playing against the ones.

The one thing I like hearing is Seth Devalve has looked like a stud so far! Last draft he had the highest sparq score, so he was already pretty freakish, reports are that he is bigger and stronger than last year and has lead to his blocking ability improved. Makes me happy hearing about that. I want to see the browns running a lot of 02/12 packages. Devalve as your inside TE, H-back type TE and Njoku as your outside TE. Those two would create a lot of different scheme styles and create a lot of mismatches.

Archived