GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

1 hour ago, Malik said:

The 11-5 Jets that had one of the best defenses in the league?

The 2010 Patriots went into the play-offs with much more momentum than this years team. They were more talented on D and healthier too, and had just demolished the Jets 45-3 two weeks earlier.

5 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

The 2010 Patriots went into the play-offs with much more momentum than this years team. They were more talented on D and healthier too, and had just demolished the Jets 45-3 two weeks earlier.

They played in week 13. That's a whole 5 games inbetween the rematch. Stop you're being disingenuous. 

1 minute ago, Malik said:

They played in week 13. That's a whole 5 games inbetween the rematch. Stop you're being disingenuous. 

I wasn't being disingenuous, I forgot the exact schedule Patriots games from 7 years ago.

Either way, the Patriots of 2010 were a much better team than this team, they were healthier and had been the consensus best team in the league all year, plus they had already beaten the Jets 45-3 five weeks earlier.

I don't know why you're taking this so personally.

2 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

This is such crock.  The titans backed into the playoffs losing 3 of their last four games. TBH, they shouldn't even be in the playoffs. They're playing the defending Superbowl Champions, who are favorites to win it again, on the road. Also as a 2 TD underdog.

It would be one of the biggest upsets in NFL history.

Have you actually watched the Pats play the past month? They have looked very mediocre and looked awful in probably 10-12 of their past 16 quarters of play including getting beaten badly by Jay Cutler's Dolphins

If you think this would be one of the biggest upsets in history, you don't know much history or are putting too much into overall records.

The Pats will go as far as Brady goes this year, and he's had 4 straight games of being average at best. If December Brady shows up, the Patriots will struggle against anyone they play

I expect the Pats to win but they're not especially good this year and they've struggled recently. I'll also point out that their biggest weakness - run D which is about worst in the league - is the Titans strength

The Titans looked better last weekend than the Pats have for much of the stretch since Thangsgiving. It would be an upset but not an historic one. Unless your idea of "historic" dates back 5 years

The Pats are playing like a slightly above average team right now. The Titans are about average. Can't call that a huge upset regardless of overall records. The Pats don't win when Brady struggles and he has struggled for a month. If he were in October Brady mode, this is a different discussion entirely. But the D is shaky at best and the offense struggles for 3/4 of every game. They haven't been good in the red zone or on 3rd down offensively and defensively they often can't get stops on 3rd down. New England might be a much more talented team but they certainly aren't playing like it lately

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

I wasn't being disingenuous, I forgot the exact schedule Patriots games from 7 years ago.

Either way, the Patriots of 2010 were a much better team than this team, they were healthier and had been the consensus best team in the league all year, plus they had already beaten the Jets 45-3 five weeks earlier.

Seems like non-Pats fans want to set this up as a historic loss so that if the Pats flop everyone can laugh and point and bring up the loss every year. A reasonable analysis should make clear that the Pats aren't very good (relative to other playoff teams and other Pats teams of the past) and Brady is playing his worst ball of the year.  Furthermore, the Pats can't stop the run and that's Tennessee's strength. It's a formula for a close game or loss unless Brady regains his form. 

If the Pats has any semblance of a front 7 or had offensive consistency, this should be a blowout. But they don't and we've seen them struggle to beat bad teams lately. 

7 hours ago, Titans Yall said:

Man, I have been paying some attention to the Boston media coverage of this matchup. (Not much there) and I am not the least bit impressed. A bunch of arrogant d o u c h e hucklebutts!  Please baby Jesus, grant the Titans the ability to shut them up! It would give me so much pleasure to witness their meltdown if a college team came in and beat their unbeatable Pats at home. If only some of their arrogance would rub off on the coaches and players but unfortunately I see no way the Patriots themselves overlook the Titans. I'm not predicting a Titans win but it won't shock me if they do. These guys do have some pride and the extreme disrespect they've been subjected to down the stretch has been really annoying. It's within their power to do something about it. Let's see what happens.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/patriots-should-handle-titans-easily-next-weekend

Why on Earth are you listening to Boston Sports Media?

They don't even hide the fact that they are mostly trolls and deep down the most popular ones actually hope the Pats lose so they can troll all the local fans and have then call in angrily.

Not going to make a prediction but.... I'm a titans fan, I think we will keep this game way closer then anyone thinks. Will we win? no idea. If we play like we did in the second half of the Chiefs game we might just pull of this upset.  But Brady and company are the best to ever play this game, I hate them but you cant deny that. Hope its a close game in the end.

3 hours ago, lovetitans said:

Not going to make a prediction but.... I'm a titans fan, I think we will keep this game way closer then anyone thinks. Will we win? no idea. If we play like we did in the second half of the Chiefs game we might just pull of this upset.  But Brady and company are the best to ever play this game, I hate them but you cant deny that. Hope its a close game in the end.

I agree it will be closer than people think. The fact they are 2 TD underdogs is shocking to me. Yea its Brady in Foxboro but the Titans arent the Texans of last year 

13 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Yeah but the 2010 Jets also beat the Patriots in the regular season, were 11-5 overall and their defense was 3rd in yards and was 6th overall in points. They were a significantly more formidable team than the Titans and also went on a hotstreak in the playoffs.

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree it will be closer than people think. The fact they are 2 TD underdogs is shocking to me. Yea its Brady in Foxboro but the Titans arent the Texans of last year 

Setting the spread on the Patriots at home almost forces them to go big like that. Even in the last 5-6 weeks, as Brady has looked a bit out of sorts and statistically was a very different QB to early-mid season Brady. They won their last three home games by 20, 21 and 18. If you'd listened to the media and not watched any games, you'd have thought Brady and co. would be the team that lost those games by that many points.

It forces the bookies' hand. 

Archived