GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

That jets team was actually good. This titans team is one of the worst playoff teams of the last 20 years. They were actually outscored this season. 

Theyre 13.5 dogs for a reason. This would be one of the biggest upsets in history. The patriots are actually favored more today than they were heading into the Super Bowl against the Giants

Being a bit pessimistic, I expect to see a lot of time for MM, and some loss of containment on our part. I think TEN WILL progress up the field. Their screen game can hurt us, as we don't have athletic linebackers, and the smaller corners can get blown away. MM is actually unrivalled at passer rating when throwing WR screens. So I expect to them to rock us with some bubbles/smoke etc.

We probably will contain Henry for the most part, but I noticed when TEN use huge package (6OL and 2TE), it becomes very hard to get through. If they do come out in jumbo packages, we obviously will match them with our linebackers as best we can, but this means we sacrifice speed on the edge, where MM can rake off runs. So, trust me, they do have opportunity to hurt us tonight. 

38 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Also will take this opportunity to say what a fantastic fan base TEN have, both on here and 'real life'. Some really knowledgable posters on here, and they really dive deep for their team. If you beat us, I'll be on board for the AFCCG :) 

Agree completely!

I thought last year the Patriots had the easiest path to a Super Bowl title that I could remember, and I've been watching the playoffs since 1969. 

This year's path looks even easier, and it starts with a 31 - 6 win over this clown Titans team.  

1 hour ago, Quark3 said:

I thought last year the Patriots had the easiest path to a Super Bowl title that I could remember, and I've been watching the playoffs since 1969. 

This year's path looks even easier, and it starts with a 31 - 6 win over this clown Titans team.  

KC and Pitts? Probably harder than the year previous to that

I picked the Titans in the poll just to make sure they had at least one vote.  Looks like there were 20 other people who did that too.  The could pull off the miracle, but you obviously have to pick the Pats in this game.  Then again, I remember their first Super Bowl when I thought they had no chance against the GSOT too.  Anything can happen. 

Good luck to both teams, and here's hoping for good officiating and no injuries.

Archived