GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Was within 5 yards of the LoS as part of beating the jam. It's a terrible call all around. What makes it worse is that the flag did not come out until Decker had made the catch and was 10 yards down the field. Like I am 100% joking when I say this, but stuff like that doesn't help the perception (as bad and ill-informed as it is) that the league is helping the Patriots. That was a huge swing. Titans likely get into Patriots territory if that FD holds.

It's like the ref was waiting to see the result of the play...

1 minute ago, TomRalph said:

For all those moaning about that OPI call, there was a clear missed DPI on Adoree Jackson holding Brandin Cooks right arm on the first failed 3rd down of the game. 

I know the play in reference. I didn't go back and study it, but how often is OPI called versus DPI? And how many playoff games did the Pats win by abusing opponent WR's in ways that were, frankly, illegal? The early Pats were basically built on the refs won't call it every play, so just do it.

2 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

lol.

It was a terrible call, but really?  The Titans have gotten away with a lot of holding on the OL.  I've seen at least 3 egregious times where it should have been called.

There was holding on that 3rd and long

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

Translation: The Pats got ONE call, which was debateable, but it was against my team so I'm mad about it.

No. As in, a few key calls, and the Pats seriously could have been 10-6 rather than 13-3. They had the most first downs by penalties in the league. They were one of the least penalized teams. They've been blessed this year. Period.

Archived