GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Let's see:

The Browns were 0-16 this year.

I adopted the Bills last round, and they lost, moving me to 0-17 on the year.

I'm going to do what's best for the NFL.

GO PATRIOTS!

Simply because I need the Patriots to lose, so the Texans can interview Nick Caserio. So I approve this message, even if it's against the Titans...

The only 2 home losses for NE were facing mobile QB with good OL play that day (or bad NE DL play) where the coaches let them loose and a pass rush that stifled Brady and a D that could neutralize Gronk   

TEN has 2 of those 3 elements on O.   They have the pass rush and could in theory put Byard on Gronk.  I don’t see Mularkey going with a free wheeling game plan though.    That’s the big problem I see on TEN’s side.  BB with 2 weeks to prepare is the other major problem.  

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The only 2 home losses for NE were facing mobile QB with good OL play that day (or bad NE DL play) where the coaches let them loose and a pass rush that stifled Brady and a D that could neutralize Gronk   

TEN has 2 of those 3 elements on O.   They have the pass rush and could in theory put Byard on Gronk.  I don’t see Mularkey going with a free wheeling game plan though.    That’s the big problem I see on TEN’s side.  BB with 2 weeks to prepare is the other major problem.  

The other major problem is that several of our banged up pieces that we've been holding out should be coming back healthy for a playoff run. 

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Their pass rush is predicated on blitzes. Not a good recipe in this game. They could in theory put Byard on Gronk but it shouldn't work. Does Tenn run a zone scheme or man? BB really only has 1 week to prepare for the Titans. 1 extra week for self reflection,

7 minutes ago, iothar said:

Their pass rush is predicated on blitzes. Not a good recipe in this game. They could in theory put Byard on Gronk but it shouldn't work. Does Tenn run a zone scheme or man? BB really only has 1 week to prepare for the Titans. 1 extra week for self reflection,

If they are solely blitz based for pass rush and play zone that’s brutal vs. Brady.  Man D is the only thing that has any hope but usually needs strong front 4 pressure in conjunction.   

Failing that then TEN letting Mariota loose is their major hope.  Which with Mularkey at the helm...man I dunno.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

If they are solely blitz based for pass rush and play zone that’s brutal vs. Brady.  Man D is the only thing that has any hope but usually needs strong front 4 pressure in conjunction.   

Failing that then TEN letting Mariota loose is their major hope.  Which with Mularkey at the helm...man I dunno.  

I think Mariota/Henry/Walker is the game. Delanie should have a big game and working the seam is a big weakness of the Pats. Look at the bills games with Charley Clay going off. IDK why the Titans don't run the spread more with Mariota.

12 minutes ago, iothar said:

I think Mariota/Henry/Walker is the game. Delanie should have a big game and working the seam is a big weakness of the Pats. Look at the bills games with Charley Clay going off. IDK why the Titans don't run the spread more with Mariota.

Spread formation RPO would be their best option to use all 3.   Knowing B.B. likes to take out the main weapon wouldn’t surprise me to see Mccourty on Walker though.  That’s where being unpredictable is necessary on O.  Mularkey’s style really worries me in that regard.  

10 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

The Pats have a shaky D and injured/inconsistent offense. They're the better team but hardly an all time great team where this would be a historic upset. 

It would be a historic upset. They’re 13.5 point favorites. You don’t have to be an all time great team to have a “historic upset”. 

7 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Hey guys you think Tom is motivated?

RIP Titans 

You know before I saw this post, I really was wondering if Brady was motivated to win Ring #6 at 40. I mean, I thought he was just going to roll over for us and let us win.

But seeing this...seeing this confirms that the 5 time Super Bowl winning QB is truly motivated.

1 hour ago, iothar said:

Robiskie_Terry300.jpg

Archived