GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

1 minute ago, grubs10 said:

When they got rid of the 5 yard facemask,  they said all facemask grabs are 15 yards.

That's not the case at all. A facemask has to meet the standard of the 15-yarder to be called. The standard for a 15-yarder hasn't been changed.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/illegal-use-of-hands-facemask/

Note: If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.

4 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

I wasn't expecting the Titans to win this game, but this game has been almost unwatchable. I've seen better refs in the WWE. I don't think it's good for the sport. And I'm not whining. I'm a football fan. I want the game to be decided by the plays on the field. Not fat guys in zebra suits. 

But the Titans have had some questionable time management and defensive schemes in this game as well. 

are these the original refs or the twins on goodell krafts payroll. 

1 minute ago, Lilseb93 said:

The major calls that have affected the Titans have been very weak. 

No they haven't.  There was ONE obviously bad call that was the OPI on Decker.  Everything else has been legit.  The only one that was questionable was the neutral zone infraction which happened simultaneously and could have gone either way.   There was only ONE obviously bad call.

The whining and victim screaming and cheating allegations are just hilarious.   The Patriots have been the least penalized team nearly every year for the past 18 years under Belichick.

16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

nobody is saying that, but also, nobody's answering the question sufficiently, least of all you

Who is saying the refs have been Good?

I posted a bunch of pages ago how the refs have been bad to the Titans.

But what is annoying and entertaining at the same time is the legion of posters rushing in here to post crap about how the refs want the Pats to win, how always get the calls, how the are so good because they are aided by the refs, and a bunch of other BS that just stems from jealousy and annoyance of their consistency. 

So yes. The refs have been bad to the Titans. But the Patriots have also shown that they are obviously the better team and have been moving the ball with ease, while the Titans are making bad decisions and hurting themselves.

Long story short...the Titans have gotten some bogus calls against them, but that isn't the sole reason they are losing. 

Just now, TitanSS said:

The fact that Patriots fans don't see anything wrong with the officiating just tells you how often the refs do this for them ??

I know it's your first time seeing a playoff game with the Titans, so you're not used to seeing objectively, but sometimes a team you're a fan of, do commit penalties that are justified.

If you're so obsessed you think the refs are rigging for the Patriots, next year get home field advantage and earn that advantage.

The lineal title is on the line here. Since 1985:

SF win SB
NY def SF
Chi def NY
Was def Chi
NY def Was
NY vacates
Was wins SB
Was vacates
SF win SB
NY def SF
NY vacates
Was wins SB
SF def Was
Dal def SF
SF def Dal
GB def SF
Den def GB
Den vacates
Stl wins SB
NO def Stl
Min def NO
NY def Min
Bal def NY
Pit def Bal
NE def Pit
NE vacates
TB wins SB
TB vacates
NE wins SB
Den def NE
Pit def Den
Pit vacates
Ind def Chi
SD def Ind
NE def SD
NY def NE
Phi def NY
Ari def Phi
Pit def Ari
Pit vacates
NO wins SB
Sea def NO
Chi def Sea
GB def Chi
NY def GB
NY vacates
Bal wins SB
Bal vacates
Sea wins SB
NE def Sea
Den def NE
Den vacates
NE wins SB

Just now, kramxel said:

So everyone is crying about a bad OPI call and that neutral zone infraction?

Only started watching midway through the 2nd quarter. So I'm asking for real, not trolling anyone.

Were there more dubious calls?

There were no other dubious calls.  The OPI was bad.  The NZI was 50-50 could have gone either way.

People just love to hop on the Patriots are gifted everything bandwagon.  It can't possibly be they're the smarter, more well coached team.

Archived