GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

If they are solely blitz based for pass rush and play zone that’s brutal vs. Brady.  Man D is the only thing that has any hope but usually needs strong front 4 pressure in conjunction.   

Failing that then TEN letting Mariota loose is their major hope.  Which with Mularkey at the helm...man I dunno.  

I'd be concerned then. Brady has the best passer rating in the league when blitzed (by far), and he also slices zone. If you were coming up with a gameplan to stop Brady, you'd do the opposite of those. I suspect they'll have something for him. If they're blizting a lot, I'd expect at least some abrasive man-to-man coverage. Brady is epic at throwing hot, so they need to be in there quick.

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'd be concerned then. Brady has the best passer rating in the league when blitzed (by far), and he also slices zone. If you were coming up with a gameplan to stop Brady, you'd do the opposite of those. I suspect they'll have something for him. If they're blizting a lot, I'd expect at least some abrasive man-to-man coverage. Brady is epic at throwing hot, so they need to be in there quick.

Our DC is Lebaue. The zone blitz is what he lives and dies by...the 2 things Brady destroys. We're screwed unless he changes his ways 

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Ok you clarified it with “anything to me” that’s fine than. 

If you think a slightly above average team taking out a solid, recently underperforming team is "historic" simply because of the way people are betting, that's fine

History isn't written by sports betting though. 20 years from now, no one will remember the betting line and the game will be totally forgotten as just another nothing special upset.

"Historic" to me means something which will live on forever in the collective memory of the game. Good teams lose to average teams so frequently, nobody outside of Pats fans and Titans fans will remember it 10-20 years from now.

15 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Can a mod add polls to these GDTs?

Not a fan of these amateur hour GDT made by random folks who just want to be 'first'.

Real GDT should have a full breakdown of the upcoming matchup between two teams, all the pertinent info, some photos for the pazazz, some stuff to help generate conversation, updated as injury reports come in during the week, etc.

Presentation would probably help traffic come through this site.

But that's just my two cents.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

You know before I saw this post, I really was wondering if Brady was motivated to win Ring #6 at 40. I mean, I thought he was just going to roll over for us and let us win.

But seeing this...seeing this confirms that the 5 time Super Bowl winning QB is truly motivated.

There are degrees of motivation tbh.  It would be easy for Brady to dial it back a notch now that he has nothing left to prove, Deflategate is forgotten, and he’s spending more of his time on non football things.  If you don’t think this is gonna give him an extra shove you are crazy.  He is rightfully mad as hell right now.

Also Bill is a master at spinning an us vs them narrative without letting it be a distraction. 

I would be scared tbh.  This could be a statement game.  

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Our DC is Lebaue. The zone blitz is what he lives and dies by...the 2 things Brady destroys. We're screwed unless he changes his ways 

eh, we've been playing plenty of man this season. i'd certainly expect us to do that vs brady. not that i imagine it will help thaaat much, lol

I remember 2010 when the Jets - who the Patriots had blown out by 40 points a few weeks earlier - came into Foxboro as a severe underdog and played the game of their lives.

Patriots' D has struggled with mobile QBs in the past, and honestly Brady has not looked great the last five weeks. Patriots should win and could very well blow out the Titans (the difference between those 2010 Jets and this year's Titans is their respective defenses / defensive strategies / defensive coaching), but I wouldn't be totally shocked if the Titans stole one.

2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I remember 2010 when the Jets - who the Patriots had blown out by 40 points a few weeks earlier - came into Foxboro as a severe underdog and played the game of their lives.

Patriots' D has struggled with mobile QBs in the past, and honestly Brady has not looked great the last five weeks. Patriots should win and could very well blow out the Titans (the difference between those 2010 Jets and this year's Titans is their respective defenses / defensive strategies / defensive coaching), but I wouldn't be totally shocked if the Titans stole one.

I have literally no memory of that. Weird.

5 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Yep, that kind of thing can happen for sure.  Tbh it is possible and this is why I think the motivation factor matters.  Everyone, even Belichick and Brady and the rest of the Patriots, have bad days and can lose trap games if they’re looking past the next week.  That’s the Titans best hope, that the Patriots are thinking about Pittsburgh in a week.

If they needed an extra push this week they’ve got it.  Doesn't mean they can’t lose but it makes it a lot less likely in my mind. 

Archived