GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Just now, Starless said:

Sorry, I don't buy the idea that the ref was supposed to see what in real time was an insignificant grasp of the facemask. The rule states that if the player grasps and immediately releases then it shouldn't be flagged.

The refs obviously didn't see it, that's fine things get missed. If a ref saw it, that would've been a flag, thus a missed penalty. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Turning the helmet = controlling the opponent.

It has nothing to do with time, if you grab a facemask and turn the guys helmet, whether you held it for 5 seconds or less than one, that's a penalty. You're impeding his forward progress and also removing his vision from what he's trying to see.

is Keith Gary one of the refs :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Literally nobody has said that though...

Countless "all of the momentum shifted because of refs", "Pats only have 7 points that aren't because of refs", "refs making sure the Pats win".

You know exactly what people are saying with their posts....don't be naive

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

It's strange how most people go crazy over the Patriots whether it merits it or not and things get blown out of proportion when it involves them 

Yes. I'm sure every other team is imagining things and you are not being homers.

#logical

Just now, Packerraymond said:
1 minute ago, Starless said:

Sorry, I don't buy the idea that the ref was supposed to see what in real time was an insignificant grasp of the facemask. The rule states that if the player grasps and immediately releases then it shouldn't be flagged.

The refs obviously didn't see it, that's fine things get missed. If a ref saw it, that would've been a flag, thus a missed penalty. 

Or the ref did saw it and decided to let it go because he didn't think the grab/twist was egregious enough to warrant a flag.

What I'm saying is that it didn't look like a 15-yard facemask in real time.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

Countless "all of the momentum shifted because of refs", "Pats only have 7 points that aren't because of refs", "refs making sure the Pats win".

You know exactly what people are saying with their posts....don't be naive

I don't doubt that the Pats are winning without it, but I bet this game would be a lot closer.

It definitely sucks the life out of the game too.

Just now, Starless said:

Or the ref did saw it and decided to let it go because he didn't think the grab/twist was egregious enough to warrant a flag.

What I'm saying is that it didn't look like a 15-yard facemask in real time.

wasn't the change that all facemask penalties were 15 yards, and not that the 5 yard ones would just go uncalled?

Archived