GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

And for multiple years Sanchez was a starting QB on a playoff team, what is your point?

I'm talking about Sanchez then and Bortles now. Did you think I was suggesting they cut Bortles and sign Sanchez or where are you going with this? 

You do realize that in 4 years Bortles is going to be in the same position Sanchez is in now? Trying to find a backup role.

No that's not where I going with this at all. All I was saying was that even as bad of a QB that Bortles is, he's not as bad as Mark Sanchez. Which is what you stated.  

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

We haven’t even advanced but the fact the Jags get consistent pressure with just 4 is huge against a guy like Brady. 

Rush 4, drop 7. Telvin and Myles speed would be key to stopping guys like Lewis and etc in the passing game.

This is what I'm worried about. The Pats thrive on finding and exploiting mismatches, but I'm not sure where those mismatches would be found against the Jags defense. 

21 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

What?! That's absurd. Sanchez's best single game can't even match what Bortles(unexpectedly) accomplished in 16 games this season.  

Sanchez when he was first starting on the Jets wasn't that bad. He was very inconsistent. But he beat the Patriots twice that year. Both times he had 3TD's, 0INT's, around 200 yards, one completion percentage at 64% and one at 70%, and passer ratings above 120. He played excellent games to help his teams win both those games. That gets overlooked because the game they lost of the 3 games series that year was the a massive beatdown. 

Also those Jets teams were stacked on defense as well. They were built to beat the Patriots. I don't see Bortles having one of his best games of the year against the Patriots.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No that's not where I going with this at all. All I was saying was that even as bad of a QB that Bortles is, he's not as bad as Mark Sanchez. Which is what you stated.  

Well that is where we disagree, because I feel that he easily is.

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

if he likes playing and rarely gets hit, why not.  The league has made it easy on him and other qb's, well most. If the Jags get a QB, I think they will beat the pats every time as long as they are healthy.  They play on the fringe wrt roughing etc, another reason to look forward to jags vs pats in the future. Jags need to lose now, and get QB first, and 2018 could be their year.

I am looking forward to next week if we make it , we owe them lets say:ph34r:

Works in theory. Relatively defenses tend not to stay that good for very long. By the time they find a QB, the defense might not be at that level. It's hard to grind like the Broncos did. And the Giants defense got incredibly hot in the playoffs. 

Just now, lancerman said:

Sanchez when he was first starting on the Jets wasn't that bad. He was very inconsistent. But he beat the Patriots twice that year. Both times he had 3TD's, 0INT's, around 200 yards, one completion percentage at 64% and one at 70%, and passer ratings above 120. He played excellent games to help his teams win both those games. That gets overlooked because the game they lost of the 3 games series that year was the a massive beatdown. 

Also those Jets teams were stacked on defense as well. They were built to beat the Patriots. I don't see Bortles having one of his best games of the year against the Patriots.

The Jets are a division rival that play the Pats two times a year and It's for this very reason that division games are tougher than any other opponent.  No matter how good or bad both teams happens to be at those times, most division games are pretty close.

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Mark Sanchez at his best and Bortles at his best are relatively the same QB and Mark Sanchez did need to play at a high level whenever he beat the Patriots and especially in that playoff game. And I think people are forgetting how good those Jets defenses were as well. The Patriots did not have the run game they have now and relied almost exclusively on the pass, and they went up against one of the best seconaries in recent memory with the best CB of this generation. 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The Jets are a division rival that play the Pats two times a year and It's for this very reason that division games are tougher than any other opponent.  No matter how good or bad both teams happens to be at those times, most division games are pretty close.

That's true. But all I'm saying is that when a Sanchez led team beat the Pats, Sanchez did play great games. 

And yeah it being a divisional team also was another massive difference between the Jaguars and the Jets. The Jets were a rival who saw them twice and see's them every year twice, and they were largely built by Ryan to compete with the Patriots directly. 

Also people do forget this but the 2010 Patriots were 8th in ppg, 25th in yards overall, 30th vs the pass, and 11th vs the run. They weren't one of the great Patriots defenses. And the Jets were 6th overall, but also ranked no lower than 6th in every category (and were 3 in yards overall and vs the run). 

15 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

We haven’t even advanced but the fact the Jags get consistent pressure with just 4 is huge against a guy like Brady. 

Rush 4, drop 7. Telvin and Myles speed would be key to stopping guys like Lewis and etc in the passing game.

You should be hoping for a loss tomorrow if that makes the FO get a real QB. If they get a real QB in UFA (any of them) the jags should have their way with brady IMO. The giants did, and the Jags have more talent IMO as well as the rushing attack.  A QB and the jags could be the team to beat for a while.

The jets beat the pats 2010 divisional, but it wasn't because of pass rush or sanchez. It was cormartie and revis. 

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Also people do forget this but the 2010 Patriots were 8th in ppg, 25th in yards overall, 30th vs the pass, and 11th vs the run. They weren't one of the great Patriots defenses. And the Jets were 6th overall, but also ranked no lower than 6th in every category (and were 3 in yards overall and vs the run). 

I hate to break it to you, but this year's Patriots defense is not better than the 2010 edition.

8 minutes ago, Starless said:

I hate to break it to you, but this year's Patriots defense is not better than the 2010 edition.

Based off what? Virtually nothing.

Patriots 2010: ppg 19.6, 5864 yards, 366.5 yards per game, 258.5 passing yards per game, 108 rushing yards per game

Patriots 2017: ppg 18.5, 5856 yards, 366 yards per game, 251.3 passing yards per game, 114.8 rushing yards per game.

Both defenses are almost identical statistically with a very slim advantage going to the 2017 squad. And they were both had 18 takeaways during the year. You'd be hard pressed to find two more similar statistical defenses between any Patriots squads. 

Archived