GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

3 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I voted for the Patriots obviously. They will be heavy favourites, but you know what, this could be quite a game and not a gimme, the Titans could be coming of age and just might upset NE.

7ae4179c1f2a68adf67f3243d5e9c498--oregon

marcusmariotahsmugjpg-0c2251eb0ca99f7f.j

Oregon+v+Arizona+3EIa1n-ZdgVx.jpg

635788085828300726-mariotamug.jpg

mariota600-022117.jpg

Unfortunately for the rest of the league, Marcus Mariota already came of age on December 31, 2017 after stiff-arming Jacksonville safety, Barry Church, into oblivion.

marcus.0.gif

He displayed his coming of age once again last weekend after throwing a touchdown pass to himself - leaving Kansas City safety, Daniel Sorensen (#49), perplexed to his surroundings.

lol_td.0.gif

Who knows what he will do this weekend?

“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, 'I am the fate.’” - Marcus Mariota

On 1/10/2018 at 1:57 PM, detroitlions72003 said:

If Tennessee pulled the miracle, where would this rank on the list of all time playoff upsets?

Jaguars 1996 vs Denveresque or Giants over Patriots undeafeated superbowlesque?

Not even top 20 all time if you actually consider how the teams are playing and how they match up

Just now, detroitlions72003 said:

the defending champs against a team that was bottom ten in offense and defense and a 2 touchdown underdog?

come on now..

No, I agree, it wouldn't even be the biggest upset of the Patriots in the last ten years. Both Giants SBs and 2010 Jets were bigger upsets.

13 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

No, I agree, it wouldn't even be the biggest upset of the Patriots in the last ten years. Both Giants SBs and 2010 Jets were bigger upsets.

The Giants superbowl when the Pats were 18-0 was a huge upset the other one, the patriots were a very overrated 1 seed in a weak AFC so that was not a surprise. The 2010 Jets was a division game and we know how those can go. If it wasn't for the Bills being as bad as they were we would be talking about the Titans being one of the worst teams to ever make the playoffs. This would be a huge upset if it were to happen and I am shocked people don't agree with that.

56 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

The 11-5 Jets that had one of the best defenses in the league?

1 hour ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Not even top 20 all time if you actually consider how the teams are playing and how they match up

This is such crock.  The titans backed into the playoffs losing 3 of their last four games. TBH, they shouldn't even be in the playoffs. They're playing the defending Superbowl Champions, who are favorites to win it again, on the road. Also as a 2 TD underdog.

It would be one of the biggest upsets in NFL history.

Man, I have been paying some attention to the Boston media coverage of this matchup. (Not much there) and I am not the least bit impressed. A bunch of arrogant d o u c h e hucklebutts!  Please baby Jesus, grant the Titans the ability to shut them up! It would give me so much pleasure to witness their meltdown if a college team came in and beat their unbeatable Pats at home. If only some of their arrogance would rub off on the coaches and players but unfortunately I see no way the Patriots themselves overlook the Titans. I'm not predicting a Titans win but it won't shock me if they do. These guys do have some pride and the extreme disrespect they've been subjected to down the stretch has been really annoying. It's within their power to do something about it. Let's see what happens.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/patriots-should-handle-titans-easily-next-weekend

14 minutes ago, Malik said:

The 11-5 Jets that had one of the best defenses in the league?

Yeah but according to this guy they were a 6 seed so it must have been a bigger upset 9_9

5 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

This is such crock.  The titans backed into the playoffs losing 3 of their last four games. TBH, they shouldn't even be in the playoffs. They're playing the defending Superbowl Champions, who are favorites to win it again, on the road. Also as a 2 TD underdog.

It would be one of the biggest upsets in NFL history.

Yeah exactly. I really don't understand the thought process. They had a great 2nd half against a team that notoriously flounders in the playoffs now they are being talked about like they are something great. They were a very average team in the NFL this year and if they played in the NFC there is no way they would have even sniffed the playoffs

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

No way.  This would be a way bigger upset. Plus it is a home game for NE.

Archived