Let the Games Continue! Week 19

vike daddy

On 1/14/2018 at 1:06 PM, Freakish Mind said:

What's weird is Brady broke Favres record for oldest QB to get a win in the playoffs yesterday.  Favre seemed really old when he played for us.  Brady on the other hand seems like he could still play for 3-5 more years.   Guess that personal trainer Brady has is pretty amazing. 

My subtle point is that older QBs have the ability to play more effectively than some (most?) people think.  Yute QBs have a long career.   But older QBs are 'tested' and if they have been starting for some / most / all of their career, they are capable of good things.  Examples: Brady, Favre, ..... Brees, ...Elway, Moon, ....Blanda, Testaverde, .... and a few others.  Personal trainers are an important element, but it's the QB's drive and motivation to compete that is pivotal.  Too much weight is put on age and too little on motivation, drive, and capability proven by recent results.   That said, Brees and Brady both have shown some signs of slipping, as did Favre in his last year in MN.

11 hours ago, Purplexing said:

My subtle point is that older QBs have the ability to play more effectively than some (most?) people think.  Yute QBs have a long career.   But older QBs are 'tested' and if they have been starting for some / most / all of their career, they are capable of good things.  Examples: Brady, Favre, ..... Brees, ...Elway, Moon, ....Blanda, Testaverde, .... and a few others.  Personal trainers are an important element, but it's the QB's drive and motivation to compete that is pivotal.  Too much weight is put on age and too little on motivation, drive, and capability proven by recent results.   That said, Brees and Brady both have shown some signs of slipping, as did Favre in his last year in MN.

I think it has more to do with player conditioning than being tested (but most likely its a mix of both). We remember Favre in 2010. He just wasn't the same.

A weird situation where "Anything can happen" doesn't apply!??

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think it has more to do with player conditioning than being tested (but most likely its a mix of both). We remember Favre in 2010. He just wasn't the same.

A weird situation where "Anything can happen" doesn't apply!??

By 'tested' I meant their past experience proves they are quality players.  Conditioning is important to them continuing to play.  But they must deserve to play, per being 'tested' by their good experience. 

It is understood that your words of wisdom 'anything can happen' implies 'anything reasonable or remotely possible can happen'.  We ignore the absence of that pair of implied adjectives, and thank you for your brevity.

Archived