Kellen Moore Hired As QB Coach

the lone star

29 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I'm hoping we're able to sign another vet QB to backup Dak this season. It would be great if we could get Sanchez back.

No. Sanchez can't play football. If you want that just because him and Dak were bros then just bring one of Daks homies from Louisiana to sit on the bench and frat out with Dak after a big play. 

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don't think any posters on here are particularly fan of Scotty or his system, though.

I think, if this Moore business is true, it is an endorsement of Linehan. Like Jerry wants more Linehan in his coffee

Just now, DaBoys said:

I think, if this Moore business is true, it is an endorsement of Linehan. Like Jerry wants more Linehan in his coffee

Possibly. I wonder how much it is more so a make it or break it year. If it is, then it makes sense to build a staff in your image to maximze your system - regardless of how flawed that system may be

Just now, DaBoys said:

Hopefully everyone is on a 1 year prove it. Either contractually or otherwise. Even JG. Although I don't dislike him as much as some. 

Pretty much. Dallas is on the outside looking in next year, they'll be looking for a new HC. Regardless whether JJ loves JG or not. 

24 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

No. Sanchez can't play football. If you want that just because him and Dak were bros then just bring one of Daks homies from Louisiana to sit on the bench and frat out with Dak after a big play. 

Just saying we need a vet QB who can help with Dak's progression. Doesn't have to be Sanchez. 

On 1/8/2018 at 6:34 AM, CAPJ said:

Fresh ideas? He is smart and all but let's be real. He got this job because he knows Linehans offense and Linehan wanted him.

Yeah, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part. I think the team wants to add and call new plays next year, so maybe I'm right.

9 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Yeah, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part. I think the team wants to add and call new plays next year, so maybe I'm right.

If they wanted to add or call new plays why not bring in a new coordinator? Why bring in Moore who is hand picked by Linehan because of his expertise in his system.

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

If they wanted to add or call new plays why not bring in a new coordinator? Why bring in Moore who is hand picked by Linehan because of his expertise in his system.

I think Jerry just wants to keep guys around a bit longer now. Because, really, if he wanted the team to be more successful, he should have fired JG by now.

On 1/7/2018 at 11:44 PM, the lone star said:

What do you all think of this move?

Personally, I kinda like it. Get a young guy on the staff who can throw out some fresh ideas.

Position coaches don't really get any input with the offense. Their job is to organize game film, breakdown film and performances with their players, drill mechanics, review the playbook/system with their guys and give feedback to the coordinator and head coach about what they see in practice and on film.

Moore knows Linehans offense in and out. And while Dak likely does at this point too, the position coach is there to aid in the study and practice and nothing more. Where the position coaches matter most is in teaching the system and teaching preparation and refining mechanics in the players who aren't getting to see the field often on Sundays. Those are the players who's careers/dreams are given a hope or completely dashed by the position coach's feedback to the higher ups, and it is their teaching that helps a player better prepare for any potential chance they get to actually play.

Its a vital role in the grand scheme, but dont get it twisted..position coaches teach what theyre told to teach and have no real input or say in the direction of the team.

18 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Position coaches don't really get any input with the offense. Their job is to organize game film, breakdown film and performances with their players, drill mechanics, review the playbook/system with their guys and give feedback to the coordinator and head coach about what they see in practice and on film.

Moore knows Linehans offense in and out. And while Dak likely does at this point too, the position coach is there to aid in the study and practice and nothing more. Where the position coaches matter most is in teaching the system and teaching preparation and refining mechanics in the players who aren't getting to see the field often on Sundays. Those are the players who's careers/dreams are given a hope or completely dashed by the position coach's feedback to the higher ups, and it is their teaching that helps a player better prepare for any potential chance they get to actually play.

Its a vital role in the grand scheme, but dont get it twisted..position coaches teach what theyre told to teach and have no real input or say in the direction of the team.

Sometimes there are exceptions though. Sean Payton, but then again, he was also AHC when he was here with the Cowboys.

But that's a good point for sure. However, a QB coach will impact the offense more than any other of the positional coaches on that side of the ball. Obviously the OC has more pull, but the QB coach is probably #2. Unless you have someone like Bobby Turner, who I'm sure has some pull with the OC and HC based off of his pedigree.

With that said, I don't disagree with your analysis. Hopefully next year Kellen can prevent Dak from stalling so many drives. Ugh, that was so annoying to watch this season.

Archived